Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dont ever get in a hurry.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I was in a hurry and now i got a gash in the top of my head and 10 stitches.
    I was changed a water filter on one of the tank trucks at work, spilled more antifreeze out then i thought it would and i was movin pretty quick to go get some floordry. I ducked to walk under the back end of the TerraGator. Came up to fast and smoked my noggin on the gaurd for the taillights. Nothing says collateral damage like a 1/8th inch plate corner. End of story i got 10 stitches they didnt shave my head(...wish they would have so i could apply the antibiotic easier.) And I couldnt drive the rest of the day since they thought I might have suffered a concussion, even though I didnt lose consciousness, or start acting a bit off key.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

when i used to restore mixers, dozers, etc we used to call them "dive" manuevers... like for a sub.... your flesh don't stand a chance against that stuff...

heal quick! :D

3. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

what did your company do?
    at my company that would end up being a "safety Moment" of our monthly safety meeting!!!

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I dont know yet. It happened at 11 AM this morning, I got out of the hospital at 1 and took the rest of the day off. I have to fill out some workmans comp stuff tommorrow I know. Prolly have to talk with the safety guy about it tommorrow also. Wether anything will be done or not I dont know. A guy in west bend, another branch of our Elevator got his foot ran over this fall by a wagon. We never heard about it in Mallard till about 2 weeks later. If we start having to wear hard hats at work though there are gonna be alot of pissed guys at me, from the other branches anyway. I spoke with my boss tonight, hell he even brought be over supper. Everyone at work was worried about me I guess.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

stitches come out the 22nd:D

6. ryoken

hopefully you can convince the boss it was just a one-time thing and they don't effect some hardhat rule your all gonna hate...

and from someone who's had a billion stitchs, don't leave em in too long.. if they look like they're going under the skin, go early...

the 60 or so i just had, i waited a couple days too long and he had to dig a few out... no biggie on my leg, but could suck on your head!! :doah: :eek1:

[​IMG]

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

no pictures?

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Like i said, they didnt shave my head or cut my hair and its awful shaggy, ill try to take a few but I dont know if any are gonna turn out.

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Here are a pic, cant see anything real clear...but ya its not pretty, if you guys dont like blood you may not want to look. Also the wet hair isnt from blood its from neosporan, the told me to apply it after I washed it.

[​IMG]

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Where was your hard hat, young man????? :thinking:

That's waht my boss always asks when I whine about banging my head on something during the day. BTW, backhoe booms hurt alot, too. :doah:

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

We dont have a hard hat policy. That being said I dont even have one. Im just glad I was wearing a company baseball style cap. Im sure that protected me a little anyway.

12. ryoken

i have to wear a baseball hat or i feel strange at work.. crawling around in the boat bildges your always smacking your head on the ceiling above ya... and i swear that split second feel ya get from the hat saves me all the time...

tho yours looks like a "fullrise" blast... might be time for a delicate haircut than shave around the area...

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

"Fullrise" im not following ya man. Yeah im gonna get my hair cut tommorrow or friday WAY short around the area and shave too. I wish they would have done it at the hospital...soon as the stitchs come out this hairs getting short and fast.

14. ryoken

one of those come up hard and fast ones where you have no chance.. my other mechanic did it in a bilge and got poked in the skull with a screw that was come down thru the ceiling...

hehe, my haircutting chick'd be freakin on me.....

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

yep you just described it :doah:

16. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Really, how could they tell:haha: :p:

17. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Maybe the fact that he stopped acting goofy tipped 'em off...

18. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

:whistle: ...............

19. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

You wanna know goofy, I was wearing a doo rag under my cap all day...i looked like a gang banger at work

20. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Update New Pics

new one I had a friend cut my hair tonight. I figured the long hair was just asking for an infection.

[​IMG]