Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't F' with the Power Company

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTMike, Apr 15, 2005.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

This isn't me but it makes for a funny story:

[I was getting ready for work when I looked out the window and saw the utility company starting to erect a pole in front of my house. They were going to position it directly in front of my picture window. No way, absolutely no way was I going to permit this. I gulped down my last bit of coffee and went directly to the crew supervisor and told him in no uncertain terms that I was not going to permit his crew to put that stupid electric pole directly in front of my picture window. He took out a plat map, a map for pole locations and a right-of-way document, and explained that it is the best location for it. I told him it is not the best location for me, and when I came home from work that day I did not want to find that pole in front of my window. I told him I didn't give a hoot where he put it but not in front ! of my window. I felt pretty smug as I drove off to work because I felt I got my point across. I know darn well they are afraid to put it there now.... Ah..... the feeling of power............at least until I got home.]

[​IMG]

2. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

LMAO

Surely to god that is either photochopped or that house is fixin to be torn down. That house looks empty best i can tell........anybody know the full deal on this?

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

It surely looks photoshopped to me, but thats all I can tell.