Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DON'T FEED YOUR PETS ROTISSERI CHICKEN!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Jun 23, 2004.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

DON\'T FEED YOUR PETS ROTISSERI CHICKEN!!

IT COULD KILL THEM!!

On Father's Day, we lost our champion terrier. He was a kick @ss little guy, smarter 'n hell. He was my wife's baby. We found him laying on the floor barely alive and rushed him to the emergency animal hospital. I know some people think that's nuts, but the dog was worth right around $3K and he was a huge part of our family. He was only 3 1/2 years old and he had no defects or health problems. We couldn't figure out what happened. The Emer. Vet kept saying it looked like he got ahold of "recreational drugs". I finally had to tell the guy "look f*cker! We don't take drugs! That's not it!" Look for something else!!/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The vet couldn't figure it out and our dog died about 10:00 a.m. on Father's Day. We got the results from the necropsy (animal autopsy) back last night. There was a bacteria on the rotisseri chicken that killed him. It caused him to go into acute cardiac arrest (heart attack) and they couldn't save him because his body was too full of toxins. We had only given him a piece of the chicken small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. He was dead less than 2 days later. He was acting normal and didn't show us any signs of problems.

We lost a member of our family and my wife is a wreck. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif All becuase we "rewarded" him with a piece of rotisseri chicken /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Apparently those things harbor mega amounts of bad bacteria and germs that will kill animals in a heartbeat....literally /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Take it from someone who had to learn the VERY hard way...DON'T FEED ROTISSERI CHICKEN TO YOUR PETS!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Re: DON\'T FEED YOUR PETS ROTISSERI CHICKEN!!

Sorry man /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Losing a pet is hard

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Jeez Shane, sorry to hear that............hope you guys can in time get over it. Hard to believe food can do that, when I was reading the title I thought you were going to say chicken bones got your little buddy. Man, that is awful. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

WOW that really sucks. Sorry to hear it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

DUDE...I am so sorry. I know how I would feel if it were Kobey. That flat sucks!

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

sorry dood... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

that just plain sucks...ever wonder why grocery stores sell roasted chicken? It gives them a way to "liquidate" aged raw chicken just before expiration or at expiration. Cooking it allows them to sell it fast.

Where did you buy this at? Did you cook it yourself or at the local market?

I feel for your family, i have lost a dog before unexpectedly and its a gut wrenching feeling.

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Wow dude that flat sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    This is why I never feed any of my dogs "people food" You just never know. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

every time we get one , my wife bakes it in the oven anyway, I guess I know why now...

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    that just plain sucks...ever wonder why grocery stores sell roasted chicken? It gives them a way to "liquidate" aged raw chicken just before expiration or at expiration. Cooking it allows them to sell it fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the huge "WELL DUH /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif" moment came too late on this one though.

[ QUOTE ]
    Where did you buy this at?

[/ QUOTE ]
    We got it at the local Winco. We had it in the refrigerator for a day before Rocky got any.

[ QUOTE ]
    I feel for your family, i have lost a dog before unexpectedly and its a gut wrenching feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gut wrenching is an understatement for my wife. She took such an interest in our dogs that she went into the veterinary field. In less than 2 years she went from being a receptionist to running a vet practice. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif She is taking this one REALLY hard. She feels like she lost a child. The positive is that right before he passed, he had a breeding, so....if God smiles upon us, we'll have a Rocky Jr. in the litter. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is why I never feed any of my dogs "people food" You just never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

We usually never do either. This was a very rare deal. We never will again though.

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the sympathies guys. I really appreciate it. I just wanted to help another family avoid making the same mistake we did. To say it sux is putting it very mildly for us. I would have emptied my bank account and maxed my credit cards to save the little guy. Anyway, I just wanted to get the warning out to people.

I'm considering having a "chat" with the store manager of the Winco when I get back in town. Prolly won't do any good, but you never know.

13. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Keep us posted it will interesting to hear what the manager has to say. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif sorry you all had to go through that /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

that sucks ass man like aaron thats why i never feed my dog people food and if he died I dont even know what I would do my dog goes everywhere with me, I have had him since he was 5 weeks old and he is my kid there is no doubt in my mind about that.

16. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I have a friend that is very good at this kind of thing.
    "talking" with managers that is. His firm usually does personal injury but he might be interested in this case.......

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a friend that is very good at this kind of thing.
    "talking" with managers that is. His firm usually does personal injury but he might be interested in this case.......

[/ QUOTE ]

I might like to meet with your friend. The wife and I are still deciding what to do.

18. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thats why i never feed my dog people food and if he died I dont even know what I would do my dog goes everywhere with me, I have had him since he was 5 weeks old and he is my kid there is no doubt in my mind about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I know. I can count the times we gave him people food on 2 fingers. I have no idea why we did it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It's now a zero tolerance rule in our house. No people food for the dogs...PERIOD!

We had him since he was 12 weeks old. He went everywhere with us. Now that we have the burb, all the dogs usually go with us. They are like our kids, and better behaved than many children. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif So, it's like we lost a child. f'n sux. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

19. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that Shane. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif