Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't feel like cooking tonight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Think I'll take mom to the Olive Garden tonight sense she's never been to one. One just opened here in Rapid City, SD on monday.

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Good appetizer: Mussels Napoli

Broiled mussels in a garlic-type sauce, I love em.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I love the olive garden, mmmmmmm Im hungry now.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No way in hell !!!!!! Being that Olive Garden is new in the area, they are busy. Anywho, mom was suposta be back shortly after 3, but didn't show up till about 4:30. (Never could understand why woman just have too waste time shopping for crap like shoe strings whan they know we need too be someplace by a certin time.) Olive Garden is currently only open from 4 to 10. I wanted too be there sitting waiting inthe parking lot for them too open. Didn't work that way. By the time we got the, it was so packed that there was no parking in thier lot, and people were waiting too get in the door. Oh hell no !!!!!!! I'm not standing for a hour or better just too eat at a restront !!!!!!! Ended up going to Papa Murphy's for some take and bake Lasagna, and some Cheesy bread.

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Next time, try call-ahead seating. It's not a reservation, and most restaurants will do it. Pretty much call ahead about 30-45 minutes before you plan on getting there, then they add your name to that hour long wait. You show up, and wait about 15 minutes or so.

Did you try eating at the bar? Lots of people forget that restaurants have bar areas and those are first-come first-serve seats. My girlfriend and I went to Olive Garden last weekend on the spur of the moment, not realizing it was some big high school dance night and that was the only Olive Garden in town. Anyways, I turned a 1:30 wait into 5 minutes by getting some stools and eating at the bar. We were in and out before the people who were already in the restaurant got seated.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Couldn't even get in the place. People were waiting outside too even get in the door.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They have been here forever , and most of time Thursday-Sunday people stand outside and wait . I just want the breadsticks :D

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You guys need more restaraunts. If we get to a place with a wait, we split for the next place. They're all pretty much the same except for friendlys, which has terrible service, but ice cream and the kids love it, so we deal with it.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

They're new here in Rapid City. Just opened monday. If, and I mean if, we could have been there by 4:00pm when they opened, it wouldn't have been a problem. I'm just not one of those people who will wait too get into a crouded place.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My Daughter loves that place so we go there every year on her B-day and I just wanna know why it costs 10 bucks for a plate of angel hair pasta with no sauce and a little olive oil and why does 4 bottles of red ripple cost as much as an organ transplant...:haha: The salad and bread sticks are killer though...So stop taking pics of your mom sleeping and head out early next time for lunch...;)

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Can't do it when she is gone shopping for crap she doesn't need. She left the house around 2pm, I told her we needed too be there by 4pm. Well, she didn't get home till after 4:30pm. Not much I can do when that happens.:mad:

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you have a good local Italian restaurant, stick with that. The food and service will likely be better. There is a shopping center near me with an Olive garden & a local Italian place. I'm sure OG thought they would put the local place under, but the they both do fine. If you have eaten at one OG it won't be any different at another. I will almost always pick an independent restaurant over a chain, of course the kids disagree.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We have 2. One was closed, the other is way too expencive.