Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't forget about Father's Day.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Today is Father's Day. Give the old man a call and tell him you love him.

Some of us can't but would love to. So do the right thing and make sure your father knows you're thinking of him on his special day.

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

if I knew where that ***hole was, I'd tell him what was really on my mind!

if my grandfather was still alive :frown1: , you bet I'd tell him that I love him.

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I just heard on the news tomorrow is Fathers day.......oops!

How did that one sneak up on me??

Does that mean my wife gets to let me do whatever I want tomorrow??

How convenient the monthly bill is here this week :mad:

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I got my dad a brand new $130.00 HP printer for $30.00 at office depot, after rebates. They had the price mislabbled. :)
    Oh and I told him I do love him.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

We're taking my dad out to his favorite restaraunt today, and Lisa's dad will be in town about mid week, so we'll all go out again.

Our dads would get mad if we bought 'em stuff, but they're always up for some good cookin'.

T

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I awoke this morning to 5 smiling faces all holding some form of new fishing gear. and waffles shortly there after! :)

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My old man got a new Winchester Knife, Shami Cloth, and Chevrolet Pocket Watch from me, I might go wax his S10 for him later to, its gonna cost him a cold one though :grin:

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got mine a gift certificate to the local sporting goods store and a membership at their indoor bow range. I just hope that someday my kids are that good to me. :D

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i am working on fathers day, so I brought my dad his gift last night. Basically, my dad is rich and I'm poor... so I had to come up with a gift that a) he'd actually enjoy/use and b) didn't cost a fortune. Anyway, on friday night i picked up some yummy looking pork steaks at Albertsons... all day saturday they soaked in some super yummy whiskey/BBQ grilling sauce and then about 5pm I BBQ'd them up. I browned the outside and then moved them off to the sides of the grill with a good extra coating of whiskey/bbq sauce on top and just let smoke cook/smoke for about 30 mins. These things were beautiful and super tastey too (made a couple for me!). My mom had all the side stuff, baked 'tater etc ready to go and at 6pm I arrived with the meat. I made enough that he had plenty for two meals and there was some for mom too. Anyway, he totally dug it... probably the most appreciated gift I have ever given him. ;) :)

j

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

oh boy will call pa when he should be back from fla. this evening taking some grand kids back. But the wife says she will go get something later. I told them (wife and kids) just pick up everyones junk in the front yard so that it don't look so trashy and cut some grass if they want. The stuff you need to get with the push mower. They did not seem to happy about what i want though. :frown1: Oh well at least they know. She said what do you want from the store. I told her nothin cause she will not get the things that i want. But grocries would be on the top of the list:beer, some good red links, chicken wings that are a little over done, rum, coke, some good hash browns and 57 sauce. You know the stuff. I made my own sausage and gravy biskets this morning. Everyone else was still asleep till late.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Happy fathers day to all the dads on this board :)

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Got my dad a new hat plus we went hiking all weekend.:grin:

13. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

Spent the day with my kiddos & my dad fryin' up calf-fries....life cant get much better.

If only we were fishing & fryin'..... :grin:

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My dad got another Buffalo statue thingy to add to his immense collection...

Then I got some candy from some "wimmens"... and I'm not even a dad as far as I know :blush: Yes... I got tissue paper with a note saying "Happy Fathers Day! Thanks for being our BIG HUNKS and HOT TAMALES! You're definately our SUGAR DADDIES! Love, your Sweet Tarts." Inside was a Big Hunk, Hot Tamales, and a Sugar Daddy... YESSSSSSS

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yesterday was My first Fathers Day. I got some cool gifts and was taken to a nice lunch then spent the rest of the day with My Family watching movies on My new DVD player :D :D :D