Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dont have front driveshaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jj4465, Aug 4, 2003.

1. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

well i got my blazer without a front driveshaft..there was something wrong with it the guy said and he took it out...i went to look for a new one where the guy told me to look..and they had 2 of them..but neither one was right....i aint gonna use 4 wheel drive hardly at all anyway...does a person get a little better gas mileage without the front driveshaft or anything? does it really matter that the front driveshaft is out?...besides not having 4 wheel drive..thanks guys

2. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

not meaning to be an a**hole but if you dont have and dont want a front driveshaft then you really should look at getting something that fits your style. I mean the whole reason to have a 4x4 is to have working four wheel drive. If your looking for a mall cruizer then checkout 67-72chevytrucks.com . They have a nice collection of slammed, low riding assphault tamers and it's a cool site. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i disagree. if you like lifted trucks lift a 4x4. even if you never use 4 wheel drive, nothing looks more retarded than aliftyed 2wd. he said he doesn't use it a lot,most 4x4 owners don't, it's there in case for most people. when i go wheelin with my mis-match gears i only use 4x4 when i'm stuck. get a driveshaft though, if you haev a 203 you'll tear your case up not running a front shaft.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    if you haev a 203 you'll tear your case up not running a front shaft

[/ QUOTE ]
    BS, tell us how

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I recomened getting your lift and installing it, then have new drive shafts made for your truck. I had both shafts made new for my K5. $200.00 per shaft isn't bad, consittering that all new parts !!!!!!! (I had longer then stock drive shafts made after I installed my 6" lift)

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    if you haev a 203 you'll tear your case up not running a front shaft.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhh if his 203 doesnt have the part time kit, then he wont go anywhere anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    if you haev a 203 you'll tear your case up not running a front shaft.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhh if his 203 doesnt have the part time kit, then he wont go anywhere anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Unless it's in either "hi loc" or "low loc".

8. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    dont have front driveshaft
    aint gonna use 4 wheel drive hardly at all anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]
    nothing looks more retarded than aliftyed 2wd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if all your interested in is looks then your opinion doesn't mean anything to me but here we go. Yeah, a 2wd street queen may not be cool but what if it's a pre-runner that can soak up 4 foot bumps? Is it still retarded? It's built for a purpose and serves it's purpose well. I don't care what anything looks like as long as it's built for it's purpose, a 4x4 truck lifted to the moon with 44" trxus all terains with no front driveshaft is retarded to me.

9. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

running a full time 203 in 4hi loc without a front driveshaft will significantly shorten its life- i'm bnot 100% why, but i know this is true, someone can help me out i'm sure.