Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do'nt know what to call what i broke?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ryanNC, Jun 10, 2002.

1. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

do\'nt know what to call what i broke?

where the clutch linkage runs between the two ball/sockets on the engine and the frame. Well i broke the one on the frame. does anyone know what its called or the part# even. you know the guys at the dealer went, ...huh... thacks

2. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

Re: do\'nt know what to call what i broke?

Yes I do. I replaced all of that on mine already. The part that runs between the two balls (one on frame and one in engine) is called the "Z Bar" . One one side is the rod from the pedal andon the other side is the rod to the clutch fork. The balls that it rotate on are the "z bar pivot balls" and they are unique to each year, make and modle. That is to say that 6cyl and 8cyl are different. 69-72 are not the same as 73 and later. I went to a dealer here in Irvine (Joe McFearson Chevlrolet) and the guy at the parts counter was able to find the parts with minimal congfusion. That dealer now stocks all the little parts like the plastic cones that go inside the Z Bar agains the ball. They also stock the felt dust shields that most likely were worn completely off of your rig. If you have any question...I can send Pics of parts and give you the part name and number. Good Luck

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Go to [url}http://www.chevyduty.com[/url] and download their catalog. They have all of those parts listed.

FWIW, Z-bar is a nickname for the part. Its name in most of the GM literature is either "Bellcrank, clutch" or "Countershaft, clutch." The other items are referred to as "Ball Studs." One is referred to as "engine side," the other "frame side." The engine side ball stud is interchangeable with the one in a Camaro or Firebird (I have a Firebird block side ball stud on the block of my Blazer).

4. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

I guess that makes more sense than what I said, but i was using the name off of the packaging. Interesting. I would bet that you are correct.