Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dont know where to purchase a new pinion nut for my 14 Bolt from??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Waxer, Jun 4, 2000.

1. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I recently had to destroy my pinion nut on the 14 bolt in order to get her off....long story. Where can I get a new one from? Just the dealer or will Pepsisters or Autozone carry them? Thanks

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Waxer,

Since you are just looking for the nut, I would say the dealer is about your only option. You may call Drivetrain direct or someone like that. I just ordered some install kits and they came with the pinion nut along with the ring gear bolts, crush sleeves, RTV sealer, gaskets, seals, and shims. You can buy these install kits for around $30. Give them a call.

[​IMG]
    Mudzer 1978/91 K5

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Find a local truck parts / repair shop, the ones that specialize in med. and heavy truck repair. They normally have the Spicer catalog, and can order or they stock these parts. That nut might possibly be a dealer only item, as it is a corp. axle, but I bet they have it. My local shop has a mail order business, go to http://www.nationwideparts.com

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350