Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dont laugh

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Jan 15, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

what exactly is cross over steering,and how do i do it, if there is a kit or somehting please fill me in /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Cross over steering converts your "front to rear" draglink (which connects your steering box to your axle at the knuckle) to a "left to right" draglink which crosses over to the opposite knuckle on the axle. The shorter stock draglink tends to bind when the left front tire drops down. By relocating the draglink accross to the other side, the range of motion is closer to equal with the axles articulation and it helps prevent bind when your crossed up.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

yup, what they said!

5. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok so that gives me a better understanding of what it is, the kit that ord sells for the dana 60 cross over steering, will it work with my dana 44 or do i have to make something, or find parts, the pics do help alot thanks so much

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

no, the d60 kit is different. Although the theory is the same, the parts are different. I ordered the pitman arm and the steering arm from ORD, but used some knuckles and tie rods from a 75 d44. I had the passenger side machined to take steering arm. call them, they will help you get the parts you need. Members get discounts