Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't Laugh

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73K5Kid, Jun 16, 2003.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Don\'t Laugh

After posting about the 1 ton truck on ebay. I go home and go to bed. I work nights 12 hr shifts. To make a long story short I go to bed and have a dream that I find a d60 and a 14 bolt ff. In some guys barn. He wants 600 for it but all I have is 475 and he takes. There is not to many barns in Arizona for one thing unless you have some horse property. So the dream is not to realistic. So I wake up as I am loading the axles in my truck. Now I know why they call this an addiction. I never thoght I would be swapping axles. But after reading and learning more about axles I am going to be doing an axle swap. I won't dare tell my wife that I am dreaming about axles. She use to like the k5 but is starting to hate it. Cause I am always looking for parts. Now she asks me why I need to buy new parts. What is wrong with the k5 the way it is /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: Don\'t Laugh

you're not the only one like that. i hear stuff like that from my wife all the time. she just doesn't understand what it's all about. we finally came to an understanding, though. i don't bitch about her gambling, and she won't bitch about my truck. (don't worry, she only gambles $20- $30 a night after she gets off work, she usually makes about $50 a night in tips alone.)

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Simple, fake a break down so you can buy parts easier /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I am the king of my castle so I don't have those problems /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. rick88blaze

believe me, i've done that more than once. that or i just don't tell her when i'm buying parts, if they aren't too expensive that is.

5. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

hey, i get that "why are you spending money on your truck?" thing from my fiance...what gives??????? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif he doesn't get it either /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif he said he wants to see some resemblance of a paycheck when i finally get home on payday, and not a truckload of "truck stuff" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. rick88blaze

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hey shorts, why don't i leave my wife, you leave your fiance, and we'll spend the rest of our lives together building monster Chevy trucks!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif the only problem is that i won't have much money left over after alimony and child support every month. child support on 3 kids alone would kill my monthly income. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

on second thought, i think i would rather deal with my wife, than the court system for a divorce.

7. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school

Well.... I'm not married yet... I'm 19, gonna be a mechanical engineer... you know you wanna...

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, I don't have a wife so I can't help ya there, but pretty much all of my dreams have something to do with my K5. Sometimes the whole damn dream is a just a me rebuilding a carb they even include trips to the parts store. And about once a month there's a dream of me walking around the junkyard just looking at stuff. My name is Corby and I have a problem... [​IMG]

9. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

When something goes wrong with the truck, think of an expensive way that it could be fixed. This needs to be a figure larger than the cost of the upgrade you want to do. Then explain how you are so smart that you can fix it, make it better than before and save money all at the same time. Then you not only get your modification done, you are a hero as well, so you win twice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let's look at an example. My truck has exhaust leaks around the heat riser and warped manifolds. It would be expensive to find a new heat riser, another manifold, replacement AIR tubing, etc.. Plus, this restrictive setup is costing us a lot of extra gas money. However, a new part of Afterburner headers is only $140 and fixes all of the problems.

Not only does this help you to see eye to eye, it also aids you in actually finding the most cost effective way to do things instead of just druelling over new parts and spending money. Wives are actually good at helping us to be smart. Besides, it's not very cool to have everything on the truck be kick-butt and not even have shoes for the kids in the back...

10. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

lol rick, looks like we'd have to have some sordid affair.

"so, why'd you do it?"
    "he had a chevy" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Hey Shorts, got a sister /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. rick88blaze

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    that would have to be pretty much the same answer my wife would get:

wife:"how could you do this to me?"

me: "because she drives a chevy and she actually understands the point of upgrading a truck."

13. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I have corrupted my wife. She sees the new Dodge and Ford trucks and always says how stupid they look with those little tires on them. And asks why Chevy's are all so low from the dealer. And I love it when she asks to lift hers. But, its a lease S-10 Blazer. Her next is a 1/2 ton pickup. It will be lifted. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ken H.

14. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What is wrong with the k5 the way it is /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch...been there
    my gf knows whenever i say "you know what i want to do" to say "no your not"

15. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Your gf is telling you what not to do?

Wwwwwwhtish
    Wwwwwwhtish
    Wwwwwwhtish

Ken H.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    What is wrong with the k5 the way it is /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch...been there
    my gf knows whenever i say "you know what i want to do" to say "no your not"

[/ QUOTE ]