Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dont leave your k5 stranded

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, Apr 18, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

i got my k5 stuck in some really nasty stuff, im talkin coal mine mud. i ended up having to leave the k5 over night in an area which i had thought nobody ever goes to.. well, i came back the next day to find my carb, air filter, battery, valve cover breather, cd player, cd's, cb radio, tachometer, all kinds of goodies.. it was all gone! worse thing about it, insurance wont cover it. i just wantedt o warn anybody who doesnt already know that you shouldnt leave your rig stranded like i did.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn sorry to hear that!!...ill keep that in mind..of course i dont like leaving my truck alone somplace anyway. hmm...IF i ever have to though..maybe it would be a good idea to always keep a little camera in the truck and leave it on while im gone!

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    damn sorry to hear that!!...ill keep that in mind..of course i dont like leaving my truck alone somplace anyway. hmm...IF i ever have to though..maybe it would be a good idea to always keep a little camera in the truck and leave it on while im gone!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif So they can steal your camera too.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

I have had to. My buddy and me took everything we could carry.
    Could not sleep all that night just had visions of my truck out in the woods being parted out.
    All was ok the next morning. And we got the truck ok.

I have come across several trucks that had gotten stuck and picked clean.

Sorry to here it.

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    IF i ever have to though..maybe it would be a good idea to always keep a little camera in the truck and leave it on while im gone!

[/ QUOTE ]

and what is this gonna do for you? give you a nice home movie of some god dam neck steeling you crap?

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

that is kinda not good, if i got stuck that bad, id sleep in the truck, walk carefully and carry a big stick, did you lock your doors? im taking it that you did. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that man. If I were stuck alone, Id just sleep in my junk if need be.

Same thing happened to my buddy when he twisted off his rear axle, then broke his front trying to get out.

He came back to find all of your same stuff missing, PLUS his top and seats slashed, radiator gone, intake packed full of sand, tires slashed, and the body beat up. Basicly all he had left was frame rails. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif He drug it home and resurrected it, but sold it when he was almost finished. All it needed was some final assembly. 1 ton axles, built 402, SM465, 205, and 44 Boggers on 18 inch wide wheels. He was soo close too.....

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear about people stealing your $hit!
    Where are you in Indiana? I'm in Frankfort, we are planning a badlands trip in june (check the midwest fourums).
    Jeremiah

9. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey........u have a PM redneck. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NITRO

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

he said a LITTLE camera

i have an advantage....getting out of my k5, i look like shaq getting out of a mini....scares ppl away

11. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I have stayed in my 72k5 and my k30 over night on different occasions because the back up rig could not pull me out. I froze my self both times out in the woods when there was snow. Thank god for a cb radio and a flair.
    Colin

12. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

too bad no one ill see you when you are at home in bed. id have to go with the sleeping in the truck route, i keep a sleeping bag in there any way, and my trusty 92FS.

13. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

"you could just not have gotten stuck in the first place"

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That sucks, try wheeling w/ a group and it will be less likely you will have to leave it.

15. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

that sucks royally.....but why wont insurance cover it? I thought thats what comp what for.

16. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

out at the local mudhole,we found a pretty built 78-79 dodge ram charger,with some brand new TSl's prolly 39" size,it was stuck in the worse place out there,so it sat for a long time.everyweekend we went out there,more and more things kept on coming up missing,finally someone must have winched it out or pulled it with a duce and a half /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.giffliped it over and stole the tires,later that night we went out drinking and found a guy in a flatbed truck next to it,with a generator going powering flood lights,and using a torch,cutting off the front and rear dana60's /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that
    If I was you I would get a nice winch for next time or have a cell phone with people with bigger trucks then yours

18. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    out at the local mudhole,we found a pretty built 78-79 dodge ram charger,with some brand new TSl's prolly 39" size,it was stuck in the worse place out there,so it sat for a long time.everyweekend we went out there,more and more things kept on coming up missing,finally someone must have winched it out or pulled it with a duce and a half /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.giffliped it over and stole the tires,later that night we went out drinking and found a guy in a flatbed truck next to it,with a generator going powering flood lights,and using a torch,cutting off the front and rear dana60's /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you had enough compassion to call the local police when you saw that!!!!!!!

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

exactly...i ment one of those tiny little one like you see on those pop ups all the time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif