Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't like the way things went? Blame the Internet Generation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Don\'t like the way things went? Blame the Internet Generation

Well, us Internet junkies are already becoming the scapegoat for the exit polling debacle that took place early on 11/2, election day. The major news organizations were rubbing their hands in glee when the supposed early exit polling numbers were showing Kerry walking away with the election. Suddenly their giddiness turned sour when the real numbers started rolling in. Now they are all whipped into a frenzy wondering what happened. The token liberal on the Fox news team was even suggesting that liberals would throw a fit because perhaps there was some malfeasance at work and maybe even illegal activity. His absurd intimation was that the exit polls were accurate and somehow the conservatives were manipulating the actual votes.

As the dust settles, it turns out that nobody messed with results. So, who does the mainstream media blame? Guess what, it was all the "bloggers" fault. Yep, it's all the Internet generation and the cell phone users fault. Problem is, it turns out that the Kerry campaign was a major player in the false early returns. They were spinning the numbers and slanting e-mails knowing that the information would get out on the Internet very fast. Of course the mainstream media doesn't want to touch this, but it is leaking out little by little.

Check this out

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: Don\'t like the way things went? Blame the Internet Generation

I like the way things turned out. Who do I get to blame??

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I couldnt believe what i was hearing when i was watching that moron on Fox. He was hoping for some big investigation, because according to him /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, exit polls are never wrong. Guess what retard, they were this time. If i came out of a polling place and somebody was right there with a clipboard bothering me, i would either tell him to piss off or to go [censored] himself.

And thats they way a lot of concervatives are, they dont want to be bothered by some jackass with a clipboard or a news crew, they just want to go home or back to work. Its more the Democrats that want to make a scene or make sure that the jackass with a clipboard KNOWS who they voted for.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Me, I voted Bush/Cheney but nobody asked my opinion when I left the polls....... Maybe it was because I live across from the polling booth and had signs all over my yard for some unsubliminal advertising...

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif