Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't mess with my stuff!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79k20, Jul 6, 2003.

1. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

Don\'t mess with my stuff!!!!

People can be really stupid sometimes. Why is it that people think it's ok to steal or damage other peoples property? Anyways here's what i was doing at 1a.m. this morning.

I park my truck and my dad's car right in front of my bedroom window. They are also parked under a light we have on our garage which comes on at dark. So i look out my window and see 2 young guys sneeking across my neighbors yard. So i proceed to load my S&W .357 mag. By the time i get it loaded i see the punks are in my yard. I'm not sure if they were going to steal something or just mess with my stuff. But seriously 2 young punks sneeking across your yard at 1 a.m. are up to no good. I ran outside as fast as i could. I turned on the back porch light and ran outside. As soon as they saw me they took off running the other way. But i made sure to give them a warning shot so hopefully they won't come back. Sorry for the long story but i've been sitting here thinking about what they would have done if i haden't saw them. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Don\'t mess with my stuff!!!!

You actually fired your gun???I hope you don't live in a residential neighborhood, next time wait till their messin with your stuff, then call the cops and "say" you shot one of them.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would have emptied the .357 up in the air. I'm sure someone would have called the cops. Maybe they'd see those punks prowling and pick them up for a free ride to the greybar motel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would have emptied the .357 up in the air. I'm sure someone would have called the cops. Maybe they'd see those punks prowling and pick them up for a free ride to the greybar motel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You would have fired 6 rounds up into the air? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif You know you're responible for every round you touch off and any damage they cause. What goes up must come down somewhere.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But i made sure to give them a warning shot so hopefully they won't come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    I would have emptied the .357 up in the air. I'm sure someone would have called the cops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fawking idiots /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Should I take pics of our Crown Vic that has a bullet hole in the roof from a New Year's round?

You're right, someone would call the cops. It's called Negligent Discharge of a Firearm in most places............

It's these types of actions that we have to suffer through some bull manure gun control law cause idiots think a warning shot is all fine and dandy.

If you're gonna shoot outside of a practice range, there's only two reasons why. To fill the dinner plate and to stop the threat, i.e. to kill.........

Y'all want my address, you can send your guns to me.......

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Bubba even we agree on somethings. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Gunsite rule #2.
    Never let your muzzle cover anything which you are not willing to destroy.
    #4.
    Always be sure of your target. (and what's behind your target, ie. safe backstop.)
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

EDIT: (That comment was unnecessary.) I thought about that before i fired the gun, it wouldn't happen. I live on the last street in a very, very small town. My back yard where i fired the shot is miles and miles of open farm land. Nobody lives anywhere near where i shot.

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh waaaa, so you got your car shot. I thought about that before i fired the gun, it wouldn't happen. I live on the last street in a very, very small town. My back yard where i fired the shot is miles and miles of open farm land. Nobody lives anywhere near where i shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, it was around that time at night a stray bullet hit my neighbors cat that night and I'm in central Kansas. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    EDIT: (That comment was unnecessary.) I thought about that before i fired the gun, it wouldn't happen. I live on the last street in a very, very small town. My back yard where i fired the shot is miles and miles of open farm land. Nobody lives anywhere near where i shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So have you attended a firearms course where they teach you the affects of wind and atmosphere on the flight of the bullet???????????????

Reckless discharge of a firearm is reckless discharge of a firearm, doesn't matter if you are in the inner city or down on the farm.

There is absolutely no reason to be firing a warning shot, that's irresponsible ownership of a firearm. You only shoot to kill, period.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    You only shoot to kill, period

[/ QUOTE ]Or to knock down so you can get closer for a better shot, right....

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Or to knock down so you can get closer for a better shot, right....

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Nope, that just means you were using the wrong weapon in the first place or need to hit the range for some remedial training. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

Oh mr. high and mighty firearms course man, i'm sorry for my reckless discharge of a firearm. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Could you just fire into the ground of your lawn? Then youd just be responsible for your own lawn damage.

15. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

shoulda just shot the punks and got it over with...you got how many acres of backyards and a good shovel? LMAO

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can't speak for everyone else, but where I live, if I where too fire one of my guns up in the air, as long as it's not angled south or west, it's very UNLIKELY too come down on anything other then some trees. Yes, I do know about that. I guess I should have been clearer in my last reply, but I thought most of y'all would have enough commen sence too know I wouldn't fire a gun where the lead could come down on anyone. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    There is absolutely no reason to be firing a warning shot, that's irresponsible ownership of a firearm. You only shoot to kill, period.

[/ QUOTE ] I much reather scare the sh*t out of some punk kids out stealling stuff then kill them. Scaring them real good will stop them from comming around, and no one dies. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Ya, but are you 100% sure that there would be no one around? Are there any roads in that area?

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Then maybe you should buy some blanks and while your at it you could have a nice little game of..........

nevermind. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif