Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dont shoot me but a superduty question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Toledo, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

I know this isnt the ford forums but I call it home for all my 4 wheel drive needs and no ford site could get this many knowing foks together. My girlfriend has an 02 superduty and was wondering about lifting just an inch or two. Does anybody make some sort of zero rate for the front of these turds? Are there any other ways to squeeze an inch out of em while keeping it simple and cheap? I dont want to mess anything up by doing a half ass lift but most trucks have some space for tinkering without going $500-$1000 for a lift. About all I know about these trucks so far is they ride on four leaf springs so they have to have some options. Hey what can I say when a girl ask for another inch you gotta find some way to give it to her. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

A leveling kit would be cheap and would probably vastly improve the looks of the truck especially if you don't intend on hauling much of anything.

Leveling a heavy duty truck works wonders towards making it look much better IMO, unless you intend to have a heavy load in it all the time.

You can probably lift the front 3" and the back will still be a little high on that truck.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

It depends. THey make leveling kits like Tim said, seen SDs with leveling kit and add a leaf in the rear with 33s, looked really nice. However what motor does she have? THe gas motor models don't really sit lower in the front. In fact put much of anything in the bed or on a trailer behind it and the rear will be a couple inches lower. My dad's 02 is this way. All I can figure is the springs are designed very soft for a nice ride and progressively get stiffer for actual load carrying. Diesels can use the leveling kit, gassers will probably sit a little higher in the front afterwards unless you slap an add a leaf in the back too. Though come to think on it, dad's truck has probably leveled over time thanks to the utility cap and tools in the bed 24/7

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Your GF has a superduty???!?

Does she have a sister?

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Go to this website to learn anything and everything about Ford Superduties.

Go here to find about the many options when it comes to lifting a SD the right way. They make a 2" mini spring pack that bolts on the front leaf springs. That's probably what she is looking for.

Eric

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Go to this website to learn anything and everything about Ford Superduties.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]
    Ran across this pic over there. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've been a member over there since 1999 or so. I haven't posted in a long time though. Those guys helped me through my first 3/4 ton swap even before I knew about CK5.

8. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

The truck is a 7.3L on 285/75/16 BFG ATs. Would like to keep the rear higher than the front but maybe not as much as now. Some reason I cant stand the trucks you see around town that look like they just got a 4-6" front lift with little to no rear lift. I hate saggy ass on anything. OL14BLAZ maybe im just blind or the dixie chicken is getting to my head but I cant find much on donahoeracing.com about lifting F250s. Thanks though. Yep Pookster lots of girls round here drive trucks like that. At least mine got a standard though.

9. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    OL14BLAZ maybe im just blind or the dixie chicken is getting to my head but I cant find much on donahoeracing.com about lifting F250s. Thanks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here try this web page or look under products on the main page and click on Ford.

Eric

10. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Does she have a sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I hear an AMEN???!!

Andy

11. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

OL14 thanks I found it just had to look at the PDF. $225 seems a little stiff for two little 14" springs but I like the idea along with some 1" blocks in the rear. I guess nothing is cheap about these trucks. Anybody know of any other options? Will the zero rates we are using work on these trucks?

12. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

If someone can make you a set that are 3" wide than I don't see why not. But the ones ORD and AZ Kickin make are only 2.5" wide. You might call one of them and see if they would make a custom set for you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

Maybe ill just cut a 12" piece of 1/2x3"stock and a 6"piece of 1x3" stock. Would all I need to do is drill the stock for the new longer center pins and rebolt it all togther? Seems like the same thing for a fraction of the price. Am I missing something? Any down sides to doing this?

14. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Try being me. i live in farkin NYC.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Does she have a sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I hear an AMEN???!!

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

15. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe ill just cut a 12" piece of 1/2x3"stock and a 6"piece of 1x3" stock. Would all I need to do is drill the stock for the new longer center pins and rebolt it all togther? Seems like the same thing for a fraction of the price. Am I missing something? Any down sides to doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure won't hurt to try it. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

16. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

17. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i like the x code springs my self and the f 350 blocks ther 4" i say get the x spring 1.5 to 2" lift and replace the 2" block with the ford 4" block and when it is dun you will have OEM parts and only the few of the best will know ( this includes most of fords people) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my 350 SD has one extra spring in the front and two in the rear because it was supposed to be a snow plow truck with the full bed salt spreader. i can fit 35's no problem(i have 33in boggers on it now and they look like spare tires out of a honda). hell the first lift on my jimmy was just one leaf in the front and a 1in block in the rear. and with a little fender trimming 36's didn't rub to bad in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif so leveling kit should be cool. a customer of mine has a 250 with the 2.5 in leveling kit and has 35 in thornbirds and the don't rub(except for hitting the front springs in a full lock turn. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif