Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't some eBayers just piss you off?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Nov 4, 2006.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have a pair of brand new (read that again) Skyjacker Ford rear springs up on eBay for a starting bid of $175. This is the second listing. The first time I had them up for $200 for the pair but no bids even though there were over 20 watchers on it. New from Skyjacker are something like $300-350-ish, before shipping.

Today I get a message from an interested eBayer. He had asked questions when I had them up the first time. This time his response was that he wanted to offer me $72 for both springs so HE would have $200 tied up in them AFTER he paid for shipping. I laughed at him and told him no.

WTF do people think they get off lowballing you like this? Don't they realize the actual and true value of stuff? Pisses me off when they do this.

What does this eBayer want me to do? Drop my pants, bend over and grab my ankles and tell him "ok"? :surepal: :surepal: :surepal:

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well it worked that one time..........

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Was it good for you?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The problem you run into on Ebay is some sellers list stuff as being new when the item is used. And you also get those cheap bastards that want everything for next to nothing. If they don’t sell this time around, you might have better luck listing them on a Furd site.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The problem is twofold:

1. Every seller on the planet thinks the stuff they're trying to sell is made of gold.

2. Every buyer wants a deal. The closer to free, the better.

6. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

never hurts to ask i say. you might be a crack head needing money. or just need to pay bills. i have gotten a few things way under faiur value, and some things just under what you would pay at a store. so you cant blame people for asking, cause some people might say yes.

but in your case, the guy is an asshat!!

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

yeah im not too happy with ebay at the moment either. some scumbag used me paypal to buy a $1900 laptop... shipped to an address with my name in russia... super!

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ouch thats gotta hurt.....

9. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I don't see why you have a problem with it. (unless ofcourse, the person was rude)

E-bay has a way of letting buyers and sellers know the true worth of an item. A while back, I sold a Fender Mustang that I had played and beat to hell. About the only way I didn't abuse it was by setting it on fire. I bought it for under $500 and I really just wanted to get that out of it. I had even thought about putting a buy it now for $600 just to see what happened. I'm glad I didn't because it sold for over $1200.

If it really is worth what you believe it to be, keep putting it up for auction and someone will eventually buy it.

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Yeah but thats paypal, not ebay

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

PayPal is owned by EBay