Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't some "friends" of yours make you slap your own head?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Apr 1, 2004.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Don\'t some \"friends\" of yours make you slap your own head?

One of mine did today after I found out he committed suicide. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last summer, he and I took a trip to Kingsville, TX to pick up some M1008 axles from Afroman and brought them back home. I've known him for what seems like forever.

He wasn't quite on the "bright" side as he is something like 28 years old and won't get a job. In other words, he's just pure lazy. He's also full of $h!t. Lies and lies out of his a$$ like you would not believe. Another friend of mine summed this guy up like this: "you know he's lying because his lips are moving." This guy was living off a trust fund check of $800 per month. That explains why he never wanted to get a job. Just live off the check and mooch off other people for a room, shelter, etc.

I'm just pissed off at him right now because he took the easy way out. I've told him literally hundreds of times to get a job, didn't matter if it was flipping burgers at McDonalds or what. Its a job. Oh no, he refused to sink himself to that level as he wanted a job that paid at least $10 an hour or more. He didn't even finish high school. Dropped out his sophomore year.

What a gyp! I feel bad that he put himself in that situation and that he had to do that to himself. But I'm not going to shed a tear because of all the crap he did to everyone. Just one of those "friends" you roll your eyes to and just move on.

Rest in peace, Kevin. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Re: Don\'t some \"friends\" of yours make you slap your own head?

Sorry to hear about your buddy. I had one do the same thing, he was in a similar situation. I was mad as hell at first, but, over time I came to miss him. I just didnt understand, and still dont. Must be something about having no direction in the late 20's. I dunno. Tough to figure out. I say count your own blessings and wish him well.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Errr.... I'll refrain from a comment I was going to make

Anyway, it's odd when people you know die, especially if you knew them on a day to day basis, you may expect them to be there and, oh yeah they're dead and whatnot....

Anyway

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Suicide is definitely not easy for the people left behind. It's difficult to understand how someone could be in so much pain that they feel their only option is to end their own life /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Unless they leave a note or something, there is really no way to know why they felt so desperate.

My mom's brother blew his brains out when the youngest of his 5 kids was just a couple of months old. No note, no nothin. I think anger is a perfectly acceptable and natural response to a suicide /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Got a news flash update tonight.

Evidently, from what I heard, Kevin's family was not too upset with this matter. They said it was a matter of time before he finally did himself in.
    You see, Kevin had a knack of wrecking the trucks he owned and drove. This was his 4th truck and also his 4th wreck. He totalled every truck he drove. That was evidently his way of trying to kill himself 3 previous times and finally the 4th time got him.

Nobody wrecks their own vehicles by accident that many times in such short years. He is very messed up in the head as he left behind a baby boy which pisses me off right now because he was a selfish bastard whom was only thinking for himself instead of the baby. He took the easy way out. Thats bullshit.

I was over at my best buddy's house tonight talking about Kevin as he grew up with him when they were younger. Both of us agreed that he had it coming. Neither one of us feel bad, just pissed off.

I guess they said Kevin burned while in the truck after he wrecked it. Won't be no open casket and he probably self-cremated himself to save his family more money. Just another rant by me because thats the way he thinks all the time. I remember him getting pissed off about life and just wanting to end it all. Always talked about doing something stupid and just getting out of his family's hair. I didn't think he was that serious all those times. Thats one thing that pisses me off about him right now. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you read some of my writings you would know JUST what this means.
    you will get a small idea from reading just this line.

"people are funny monkeys"

Some day maybe you to will know.
    Grant

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that sucks,for his baby that is.i have a best friend john whose best friend before i met john killed him self.my wife goes to church with his widow still.one of his sons found him dead in the car(parked in the garage, he was working on it).with a note that said he was sorry to john.i never asked why.i did meet the guy once. any way i found out that rich(the dead dude) fondled johns daughter. and he felt so guilty he done the deed. i guess he thought he was going to jail and didn't want his family to know why. and the way you describe your friend, wow that sounds like my younger brother. he does work ,he just losses jobs.my dad pays for all his trucks,bills, new tires ,lifts,etc. but when pops gets mad he threatens to kill himself.my older brother usedto do the same sh!t back in the early 80's. we got sick of hearing it and grabed the sawed off double barrel and said DO IT.so he ran away from the house that night.i would never kill myself, my thing is if my life sucks that much i would rather make the rest of the world suffer than off myself /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i'm really sorry to hear about the child,and the rest of the family /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would say that I don't give a [darn] about a person who doesn't want to help themself, but someone who'd do that to their own son.. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif