Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't trust Mapquest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don\'t trust Mapquest

So I make a parts run up to <font color="orange"> rockinK5</font color>. I look up his address at Mapquest, drive up there and I end up in the middle of a friggin orchard!!!! What's up with that?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Don\'t trust Mapquest

Whats up with that ??? All I can say is "Mapquest" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Mapblast is no better...I once got directions to this municipal airport I'd never been too. Followed the directions to the letter and ended up in BFE about 20 miles northeast of where I should have been. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Rene

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

did you have to check the male/female box? Wondering if maybe mapquest knew you were male? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Course it couldn't send you to the correct location on the first try, that just wouldn't be correct. Let the lady type in the address, sure she can figure out how to get there! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Set yourself up for that bubba!

Brandy

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    did you have to check the male/female box? Wondering if maybe mapquest knew you were male? Course it couldn't send you to the correct location on the first try, that just wouldn't be correct. Let the lady type in the address, sure she can figure out how to get there!

Set yourself up for that bubba!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh tell me she did not say that...LOL /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone try maps.com?

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Let me layeth the smacketh down right by God down woman!!!!!!
    Here's the scoop............I get into Patterson, run into some communication problems, so I say what the heck, I've got a high tech map courtesy of notebook and pen. So I go where I'm suppose to go, no street....So to make sure I'm at the right spot, I make another pass, so I say "self, maybe he lives down the dirt road." So I drive down and find a farm worker. Now for y'all here in Kalifornia, People's Republik of know that finding a farm worker that you can communicate with is a dicey proposition at best. Of course with this guy, I get the shrugged shoulders, "No habla." But I'm in luck cause some guy drives up in a quad, he doesn't have a clue where I need to go, so I fall back to Plan B; CDF is right down the road. So I hit the fire station, can't find anyone, but I can hear him and I see a Jimmy in progress. So I track down the sound, and the fireman is in the chop drilling something , must be the Jimmy guy. So I ask him, doesn't have a clue, so we go to the map. Woohoo. So we look and can't find the street.... So I start looking at the map and find the street. Would of liked to talk shop with the guy, but I was running behind cause of the whuppin that OU was gonna put on to the calves in the afternoon was on TV. Of course I find the place. So woman, Bubba Ray has spoken. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

bubba your just to damn funny!

brandy

9. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

MapQuest is just an extension of the all powerful government radio wave mind reading organization.

Time to break out the tin foil again... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I actually use a program called "Street Smarts"; a commercial GPS mapping software. Maps are upgraded monthly.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif