Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't you hate it when people act like little kids.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Aug 26, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Don\'t you hate it when people act like little kids.

Kids like to play payback. You do something to me bad, and I get you back, and so forth.

So my brother who is 60 years old gets upset cause people (local people I might add) keep driving past his place to mine to get parts they have stored there. He has a right to get upset cause they always wake him up at night, when they shouldnt be there.

So, in a semi-drunk state he gets pissed off and threatens to shoot anyone who comes up there (this is after repeated warning by him not to drive through after 7pm). So, he puts up an unlocked gate at his property line, which is like maybe 400 feet from the end of the county road (where it ends at my place). He gets too out of line when he gets mad after he's had a few beers.

Of course, the locals (one in particular) turns in the gate to the county, who today removed the gate even though it wasnt closed.

So, now its this big thing where my brother and them are playing get back at each other, and I'm in the middle trying to tell each side to leave it alone.

Its pathetic, but how do you tell two grown people they are acting like little pissy children? I mean, my brother has a right to be pissed, and I'll take his side any day, but the way he acts sometimes... plus he shouldn't be making threats... out of anger or not, people just dont like getting threatened.

The other guy I know I've talked to, and he acts all proper around me, but I know that they are having their own little fued behind my back. I'm going to just tell everyone up there they all need to get their stuff off my place before winter, and I'm closing everything off. If I were older, I'd just tell them all exactly what they did wrong, and exactly what they need to do to get over this all. It just keeps escalating. But, I'm 23, so let 40 and 60 years olds act that way.

It's not like I don't have enough things to worry about already.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Don\'t you hate it when people act like little kids.

a 23 year old with a 60 year old brother /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif don't you just love how some people never grow up?

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Re: Don\'t you hate it when people act like little kids.

I'm the only "off" one in the family on my dad's side. Everyone else is proportionate in age to each other, except me. He's my half brother... but he's still my brother. He just gets this temper and acts so irrational sometimes.