Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dont you hate it when they cut in front of you!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, May 18, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Today I was driving to my job at about 35-40 mph when suddenly an ignorant person driving a new Jaguar cuts in front of me, no signals or anything and the light was red so I had to stomp on the brakes, I almost hit the damn car I got so mad and kinda nervous too after I saw what kind of car it was, I cant believe the ignorance of the people who think that a 5100 pound truck (mine) would stop on a dime well mine doesn't and I almost stopped on the Jag, just thought I let you guys know and be careful of the ignorant people.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

My old '78 K20 (lifted 6" with 36s) used to be able to lock the rear brakes only on it...somewhat controllably. If someone would cut me off, I would pull up behind them and lock the brakes up and skid in behind them. You shouldda seen their bug eyes in their rear view mirrors, hoping I would stop!!! hehehe, it was too funny!!!

ken

3. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

If I could only do that I would've given this new Jag owner a really good lesson that sounds fun.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Do like a buddy of mine and install an air horn.........He'll give them a blast of air when they do that, and he loves to tell stories of people who will drive over the curb and onto the sidewalk (thinking it was a semi they cut off) trying to avoid getting crushed from behind!!

5. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

What I use sometimes is my fog lights, I have them aimed high enough to hit them in the rear view mirror, but it works better at night, some of them almost crash too when I turn them on but hey if they cut me off they gotta pay just my opinion.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I dive truck...i haul heavy equipment and it gets kinda harry went someone cuts infront of me with 100,000 lbs following behind me....when they do that it kinda makes me want to punch the gas and teach them a lesson....I AM BIGGER AND CANT STOP....everyone that cuts infront of a big truck (k5 included) should be shot...or make it easy and drive over the top of em... =-)

Chaz
    If u want to see the kind of stuff i haul go to my companys web site...www.murraytrailer.com there is some cool pics on there of some huge loads..oh yea the unibombers cabin was hauled on one of our trailers that we built =-)

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

7. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

What a subject, I have the air horns:)) and the 100 watt lights and the fogs aimed just righ, but just a good ole "ride that ass untill they get the hell out of my way" is my favorite.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

When someone cuts me off I like to let them know they're number one.

Brian

9. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Hey here's a good story my dad and my brother were driving along in dad's 26,000 pound dump truck with 5000 pounds of sod in the back end when some yuppie in a saab cut the red light causeing dad to slam on the brakes missing the saab by a foot or two dad sat on the horn my brother leaned out the window shouting all sorts of profanites and flipping the guy off with both hands and dad said the guy had this look on his face like what did i ever do to you?

10. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    If you want to do something positive about it. use a cell phone, Know the description of the driver and plate number and if you are willing to testify in court most law enforcement agencies will write tickets or just pay the person a visit. Really works well if you know where they work. In some places traffic contacts even get put in the newspaper and what they were contacted for. I have people cut me off and I get the info. When I go to work I pay them a visit and present them with driving awards. IE Tickies.

11. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

"My idea is to issue everyone a rubber stickum dart gun like what we had as kids....then when somebody does something stupid out on the road, you reach out the window and shoot them in the trunk, it would stick there with a little sign on it that says STUPID. That way when a trooper comes by and see's a car with about a dozen of these on the back can pull them over and give them a ticket for being an a$$hole....."

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

12. colorado_emt

colorado_emt Registered Member

I Had one of those little PT Crusiers cut me off the other day. I don't know what he was thinkin' but had just INCHE'S from my 1/4 steel tubing bumper. I have a siren on my truck(due to my profession) man just gave him the tinest little whoop and he must dropped a load in his pants. I laughed for hours about that one.

<font color=red>Chris</font color=red>
    <font color=blue>79 K-5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG]<font color=blue>EMS RULES</font color=blue>[​IMG]

13. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I've got a couple of situations of my own, One time (at band camp...) I was towing my friends Sami back from Ohio, in Greensboro NC, at a construction site somebody crossed from the right lane x-to a exit on the left of the highway, he slammed on his brakes, I was trying to keep the blazer & trailer from Jackknifing, I my self have lights (fire fighter) and chased that SOB down. He pulled over and I can't think of a single word I didn't use on him. That poor guy was siting in his truck lying in his wife's lap and I was nearly in his window trying to knock his glasses down his throat. I don't think I've ever been so pissed in my life. Had he not let off his brakes and got over when he did, I would have flipped my truck and the sami trying to avoid him.

My second story is, If I spike my brakes than hold slight tension on them the rear brakes will lock up. That and factor in airhorns, Man o man, I love it when people cut me off in town, Wait a second, slam on the brakes, lay on the horn and all you see is 2 huge eyes in the mirror! That and I H A T E (can't stress this enough) HATE!!!! Harley Davidsons. Those SOB's think they are too good because they "THINK" they own a American bike (which is actually owned majority by Honda or some other "Jap" co. I think) and too good to be curitious to others, cut in and out of traffic with those stupid sounding, loud, annoying, bolt dropping, oil leaking POS piped bikes. I get a kick out of doing that brake tapping thing to them. Teach them to try and "wolf pack" me and my sport bike! Oh, and by the way, my Honda is made by "Honda of American" which has just as much American & Jap parts as your POS harley!

Oh, if I offended any harley riders out there... SO WHAT! YOU SUCK! SPORT BIKES RULE!

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

14. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

Yes my Harley has loud pipes. No I don't weave in and out of traffic. If you see a Harley weaving it's just because they just came from a bar not band camp. Does your "sport bike" have enough room for your flute? My Harley has plenty of room for a 12pack.

Getsome
    1997 FXDWG
    1984 K5
    1970 Cutlass

15. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude,
    Funny that you brought this subject up, but yesterday, driving home from work, some dumb A-hole was going super fast on a twisty road and could'nt stay in his lane and merged into mine. I moved out of the way into a curb going 40mph. I was only on the curb for about a second and then he realized how dumb he was and moved out of my lane. I thought I blew my tire. I pulled into the gas station and saw a deep gash about 5" long and about a few milimeters deep at the sidewall of the tread going down. Looks like the tread is about to rip off. PISSED ME OFF!!! I got air horns too, but forgot to use it, too worried about my tire. Anyone know a fix for this by the way? I don't think it is serious on the road, but offroad, could be real serious.
    Boss

16. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

another fan off the rear brake lock up. definitely gets their attention.
    also like the tailgaiting thing, with the brights on. unfortunately, my commute is hilly, so they leave me pretty quick. but the end is twisty, and i can hustle the big ol' bitch down the mountain, i'll tell ya. i usually catch 'em by the third sharp turn. losers.

a harley story. but first, a disclaimer. i like harleys, like the idea of supporting american workers and companies (harley is NOT owned, in any way, by anyone other than americans), but they are getting so generic.
    so anyway, my wife and i are heading down south to the relative's when we go past about four harleys. brand new, with brand new leather jackets, pants, gloves, boots, fringe-on-the-[censored]-handlebars, you know. obviously dentists with stock options. so i look at them with a touch of disdain, and give them the "jacking off" hand sign, indicating my feelings towards their sorry assed excuse for trendy purchases (as i'm passing them at about seventy in my wife's honda. sorry). so two of these guys (the leaders of the pack) give eachother handsigns like vietnam vets, and give chase. i step it up just a bit, and keep an eye on them in the mirror. we're flirting with 80, maybe 85, when there's the slightest turn ON THE FREEWAY. as in, designed to be taken in excess of 75MPH, when both of these dorks go straight to the outside, sitting straight up, eyes wide, rear tire locked, no front brakes. they get it under control ( thank God the traffic was light, those two were a menace to themselves and others) and pull over to tell their buddies about their close call. lames.
    maybe i'm jealous, but i remember when bikers rode bikes. and now that i can afford a harley, i don't think i want one. but lordy, i can't control my right hand if'n i get me another crotch rocket. had me a ninja, a gixxer, and an FZ, but i think my favorite was my little RZ350 Kenny Roberts Replica. Gawd, what a corner carver. Sliding that ass-end, two stroke wailin' off the walls of the canyon.........
    maybe that new ZX12 is slow enough.....

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

17. solid454

solid454 Registered Member

Man i hate being cut off. I just got my 73 Blazer abput a month ago and getting ready to put on my 3rd master cylender. so my brakes are not to good. and it takes me about 15' to stop at 20mph and thats being nice. but any way some jerck off cuts me off at the light and the light is red, then he slames on his brakes. now how the hell dose he know that my brakes actully work? i never locked up, ran out of peddle throw, but stopped less than an inch from this guys bumper. man you should have seen his face. then he gives me this look like it was my fault. whats wrong with people now days man?

BIG HEAVY AND MEAN

18. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Some lady wiped out in front on me and then slammed on her brakes. I hit mine and they locked up , but I wasn't stopping so I had to swerve to miss her and ended up driving down the sidewalk(thank god there were no people walking on it).. But here is the kicker, When I swerved Ibeside me was a parking lot entrance. I was already past it enough that I couldn't safely turn(I would have rolled) so I had to go up on the sidewalk. I hit the curb went airborne at up on the sidewalk I went.
    The bad thing is, it was in front of a school and nt far from a playground. Well actually the playground is elevated about 6-8 feet up a hill, but there were some kids standing in viewing distance(and out of danger) that werel lovin it!

It scared the crap out of me, but at least someone got a godd show, they were hoot and hallerin and clapping. Just thank god they weren't in my way!

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

19. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

yeah no s**t thank god those kids were far from it.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

20. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Delta,
    Get the Harley, I know there are too many Yuppies going around on them these days, they drive a beamer to work and a harley to the bar. Harley needs to get it's image back, I bet half of them don't even know what cam is. The only reason those Yuppies ride harley's is because they carry a steep price tag, otherwise they would be riding honda's or something, but if you like the sport bike look, get a Buell, these are some bad A$$ bikes. They look like a street bike, but have the harley 1240 engine.