Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Don't you just hate it

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, May 22, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, my JVC KD-LX50 is starting too have a issue. When I turn the car off, the face go's up and down repetely. It just started doing it tonight. So now I have to shut the stereo off before I turn the car off. Not a good sign. If I have too replace it, I think I'll get a Clarion DXZ945MP . Why do car stereos have too peter out on me ?? I'll see if it can be repaired.

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its not just you , my perfect condition Sony deck crapped out on FM radio . I bought another on e-bay for dirt cheap and its fine on FM .

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya. Only thing is I have too have a head unit with 3 sets of pre amp outs, and a set of RCA's in. I prefer too be able too turn off the inturnal amp for a cleaner signal.

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

My pioneer is acting up too, damn thing wont eject at all, or read cd's at times. It really pisses me off too.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've had terrible terrible luck with Pioneer decks. I went to Rockford a year ago and haven't looked back. Clarion is also a good brand.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For me, the features are more importent then the name brand. I need three sets of RCA outs, and be able too turn off the inturnal amp. Those are the most importent things. Yeah, I do prefer certin name brands, but features are the #1 thing I look for. Ofcorse price is always a factor also. I do like the features of the Clarion DXZ945MP . But will miss the voice comand of the JVC KD-LX50. Hopefully I'll be able too get the JVC KD-LX50 repaired. I went to JVC's website and have a phone number too call monday morning too check into repairs. Well see what happens.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Features are good . My main things are cd controls for my changer , and being able name things my way . I have seperate outs for full range and sub already on the radio , but in the Blazer an amp is the least of my worries right now , maybe in the Chevelle later .

I want an MP3 changer and a new Flip face with everything .

8. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

They can be spendy, but have you looked at Alpine? I've had two of their decks now and love them both. I say two, because the first one was apparently loved by someone else more than me when they stole it. Both have 3 sets of 4volt preamp outs and the ability to turn off the internal amp. Sound great too!

Kris

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Will look into them.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Called JVC. They say they haven't heard of that one before, but they think it may be one of the micro prossessors. I think for now I'll just shut the stereo off before I shut the car off. If When it completely craps out, I'll send it in for repair then. Just don't have the money right now.

11. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Paul,

I hope you remember this issue with your JVC in the future. It seems like every post around here when someone asked for a recommendation, were bragging about the JVC unit... sometimes living with a component for a while can really change your opinion!! :blush:

I used to love Alpine and used them exclusively....then they started making more "mainstream" cheap stuff. I used eBay to find the old "classic" Alpines for a while. (7909, etc)

Went to Eclipse (a Sony transport but with better quality) and that was great until my suspension got too stiff...there was no read-ahead buffer on the Eclipse. So I went with the ultra-high end Sony (CDX-C90)...at around $1200.

Even with that Sony, there are things I don't particularly like. The display washes out in direct sunlight, and you can't 'wrap around" from the last track on the CD back to the first using the >> button. You have to use the << button to jump backwards through all the tracks....what a pain!!!

I don't like making blanket recommendations for equipment for other people, because it's always hard to know what will be important to someone else..... telling someone "Go buy JVC, they're great" isn't necessarily helpful unless you can tell them the reasons why you feel it's a superior unit.

IMHO.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I was pretty pro JVC's top of the line head unit. Heck, around 4 years before a problem is pretty good consittering all the funtions of the KD-LX50. I don't think I can afford a $1,200.00 head unit, I'm trying too stay under $500.00, LOL. I still like JVC, I think you get alot of bang for the buck. As with any make, I guess you get what you pay for.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Played with some settings and kind of cured it. The problem is in the flat panal setting. If I dissable it, no more problem. Only thing is the buttons don't retract now when I shut the car off. I can live with it for awhile I guess.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It started doing it again, so I ordered the Clarion DXZ945MP. I might send the KD-LX50 into JVC for repair. The tech I talked too on the phone said he thinks it's a micro prossessor