Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dont You Want To Slap Somebody Who's Like This? (Long Rant)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Mar 14, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Dont You Want To Slap Somebody Who\'s Like This? (Long Rant)

Alright last night at the shop I was outside talking to a customer and her son (their Cherokee died and I ended up puttin a gas tank in it today)and he was lookin at one of the guys Wranglers with a 2 inch lift and 33 BFG Muds. I was like "man you need to put some of them BFGs on your moms Cherokee" and he was like "man that Wrangler is a street queen and that theres no way it sees offroad." I was like whatever and proceded to do my job. He keeps walking around the lot lookin at every car. So I pull my truck up onto the lot and he comes running over. He's like man I got a 89 Suburban to drive once I turn 16. Hes like "I wanna put some 33's on it" then I was like "there gonna rub a bit without some trimming or a lift". He goes "no they wont, theres not way, look at all the room still in the fender" as he points to my truck. I was like "well they do rub quite a bit while in a hard turn with the tires up in the fender". He still was arguing with me then I was like "I drive it everyday I think I should know if they rub or not." Needless to say he ran away to mommy. I cant stand kids (or customers for that matter) like that, think they know everything when the really dont know crap. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Just another lovely day at Canterbury Texaco /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Dont You Want To Slap Somebody Who\'s Like This? (Long Rant)

I love it so much when people try to tell you that your wrong when you have experienced it and they haven't. People tell you, You can do that, no really you can't I have tried believe me.

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats why you have a set of 33s lying around and an RTI ramp. Show that fawker up right then and there! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If only it were that esy...

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Get this I was tellin my boss today and he said the kid took a hammer to his dads 99 Suburban to knock the ice off. No wonder there was tons of dings everywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

What a LOSER! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I cant stand kids

[/ QUOTE ]

.....nuff said /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

I've always used a quote from that movie "Clerks"....
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f****g customers...."
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

you wanna fight!? i'll beat yer arse old man! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i'm just playin

I bet the guy at the junkyard felt like you did when i had to explain to him that there ARE semi floating 14 bolts, and 6 lugs 14SF, and some 14FF will fit on a blazer- then he told me there were no 14FF at all, and i passed SIX on the way out, i walked back and told him and he said "oh no, that's a GM 10.5", just because is has 14 dif cover bolts doesn't mean it's a 14bolt.

you probably felt like that- except the customer wasn't the dumbarse that time, i was RIGHT!/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    anyway, back to the kid hater - you were one once too, bud.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahahha you should see how many kids there are liek that at school!! oh boyyyy!

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yep there are hundreds. I love kids who always ask what you ahve done to your car. My one friend's dad has an old Vette with a 502 in it, this one kid asked if it had an intake on ti? Meaning a cold air intake since thats the only performance mod he knows(and thinks does anything). I mean its a 502 carburated.

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

That bugs me when people do that to me. I would get that all the time with my blazer and putting a 2wd 14 bolt under it. After the fact and out wheeling had people say so it looks like you went with a 4wd 14 bolt and I would reply nope and walk away. The best one is the 366 I had and had guys trying to tell me (the fact that I was girl used to make them think they were smarter) that it was a bored out 350, so I would pop the hood and say take a peek does that look like a small block. When they would proceed with the questions about where I got it I would put them under.

I know we all live and learn and yep we were all the learning newbie once.