Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

door alignment

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mostwanted, Oct 30, 2006.

1. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

My door don't line up properly. Someone told me that I needed new hinge pins. Anything else I should look into?

S4010006.JPG

2. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

does ur door sag ?? if it dont it needs to be adjusted on the hinge worn pins and door hings cause doors to sag.

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

New door pins are in the help section of the local auto parts store and they come with bushings. I believe I paid about $8 a pin. I would replace every thing before trying to adjust it.

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I just did mine today. It's easy but take your time and don't rush. I took my door off, If you don't have power stuff I would recomend you do too. Scribe a mark around the DOOR SIDE of the hinge. Then pull out the sawsall and cut the old pins in the middle. It' a good idea to have somone or somthing to hold the door for you. I had the kid next door and some milk crates. Push old pins and bushings out and replace with new. Use some "c" clamps and sockets to remove and install. Reinstall door and adjust. Also, check the home page and go to tech articals. Somone has a write-up on removable doors.

5. Blue90

Blue90 1/2 ton status

Yeah

If you have power windows locks or anything of that sort dont assume it'll be fun or easey to re-intsall the door after cutten em all off. It's a bitch i know form experiance. Leave the door up there, but still replace the pins.

6. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

Crap! I forgot about that!!:mad: I I guess I'll have to wait till I swap in non-power doors. I was going to get rid of that stuff so I can run quik removable doors. The old ones have rust anyhow.:doah: