Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

door and headlight chime

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RAY, Jan 2, 2001.

1. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know where the door and headlight chime is located. I know it's some where under the dash, but not sure where it is and what it looks like.
    Thanks

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I think its up by the fuse box, not all models have them. Our '81 did but my '82 does not, I wish it did though.

"An old Blazer never dies, they just... rust away."

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

chime? theres a chime?
    the only chime i hear is the one to put on your seatbelt when i turn on the ignition
    am i missing out on something here hehe

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

4. Blazer_Boy

My memory is kinda fuzzy but I thought some models had the chime when your lights were on and you left your keys in the ignition.

"An old Blazer never dies, they just... rust away."

5. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Thank goodness the guy that bought mine didn't ask for that option. Though for historical purposes, I'd like to know what the RPO code was for that or what option(s) it was grouped with.

Taz might go more crazy....
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think it depends on year. I've seen the chimes (on GM cars maybe?) that were plugged INTO the fuse panel, just like an accessory. However, I believe the later trucks had them mounted somewhere near the gas pedal. Either bolted to the pedal housing itself, or around the back of the radio somewhere. Personally I made SURE mine works. I habitually forget to turn the headlights off if I go to work when it is dark, but its light when I get there. The chime on mine is plugged into what they call the "convenience center" which contains the horn relay as well. Black plastic board with a bunch of slots in it, which the various accessoryies plug into, like the horn and chime module.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds links: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html>http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html</A>

7. Blazer_Boy

I FOUND IT! Hey Mr. Red, the code from 81 is ...option no. 1T63 Headlamp warning buz

K5:Big, slow, and flys through the snow. [​IMG]