Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door bell rings????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Jan 31, 2006.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I answer with one hell of a pissed off chihuahua, two ladies, bibles in hand. Yes,,, we would like to share with our neighbors...Are you sellin Jesus??? we're not selling anything. Than what do you want . We don't want anything, we just want to share,,,,No thank you, but if we could only,,,,have a nice day ladies....I'm a little anti social....:D

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Last time some of them knocked on my door, I asked them if the devil sent them to me. They got all red-faced with anger and left :haha: :haha:

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My Brother lets them in and asks them questions until they can no longer answer, he's evil in a patient way...

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I pissed my wife off, last time they came to my house I told them exactly that: "we're not selling anything sir." and I said, "yeah, you're selling Jesus and we don't want any".

Doesn't matter what it is, don't come knocking on my door unsolicited, it's just friggen rude even if you are trying to save my soul.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh I don't mind it but when I say no that means no it's simple but they refuse to take that basic two letter word and be OK with it. They were real nice and so was I but I was losing my patience quickly because of their pushyness. I however have little or no patience for door to door salesman with vaccuum cleaners or carpet cleaning agents...God's OK in my book just don't sell him from my doorstep, I don't preach my disbelief from their front step...I can see this thread getting trashed in a hurry, I never know when to keep it shut...:doah: :D

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the LDS or Jehovahs or whoever it is, I just don't like anyone regardless if they're affiliated with the "Big Guy", bugging me at home. I am fully aware of where the nearest churches, vacuum stores, cleaning suppliers, high schools and whatever other service they may be offering are located, if I wanted any I would have gone and gotten it. The only exception is the Girl Scouts, my wife had a special plaque made that say "No Soliciting, Girl Scouts accepted" so we don't miss out on the cookies anymore.

I'm polite to them as well initially, if they will take a polite "No Thanks" and be on their way it's all good, otherwise, it's on.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yep girlscouts rock.I wonder when their sellin cookies again, samoas and chocolate mints are the sh!t....

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Right now! Get on it man, those cookies are going fast and the samoas are the first they run out of.

10. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

We never have bible salepeople at my house. Maybe the oil stained parts littered driveway, dead grass and bare dirt lawn or plethora of old crappy trucks laying around deters them. We do occasionaly get normal salesman, and they annoy the piss out of me. One exception though, saturday afternoon, we were getting ready to host a party at my house and there was a knock at the door. It was raining outside and we were all busy so we told em to come in. It was a direct TV salesman and he started chattin. Now I dont know if it was just cause we were in a good mood, or the fact that we hate our current cable company, or because he didnt give off the typical creepy-pushy salesman vibe, but we let him do his thing and got some info from him and are considering satelite now, all because of him. I haave to admit this is a once in a lifetime occurance though.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Last time we had them it was just after dark. Couldn't see them through the pep hole thing in the door. I went out the back door, down the driveway and they were out front milling around. I asked them what they wanted, they saw the pistol and said that they wanted to introduce me to Jesus. I then explained that if they stayed on my lawn for one more second I would introduce them to Jesus. I have neve seen them again. I think that I am on some kind of list.:rolleyes:

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!Gotta get a gun...

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A cap gun is enough for them. Now those vaccum salesmen.....

14. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I usually chat with them for a while. They find some excuse to leave after I blow holes in their bible stories. I've found that there are many good folks who are Christians that realize that religion is faith based, and never proved empircally. But some haven't figured that out and try to fight facts with facts that don't wash. Most religions are great, and if someone wants it in their life, then that is a good thing. I even support people offering something they value to others, as long as they do it politely and don't push it too far. To share something you view as vital to a happy life is pretty unselfish. Those with pure motives are usually readily apparent. Those that are motivated by other than altruistic reasons disgust me.

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah sometimes NO THANK YOU should just be enough...

16. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

'fumes, of all the times you're drunk, answering the door when preacher's come should be one of them, I will never live that night down.

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

We get them too...

When I get a visit(interuption?) from two women with magazines or bibles,I just tell them we are not interested...period..if they dont get the message the first time,just reach for the phone,and ask them their names..so you can tell the officer who you want "no tresspassing" notices issued too!!..:crazy:

I reamed a few of them out for waking my mother up when she first got home from the hospital...they acted like I was the rude one,THEY were the ones to come uninvited,and to top it off,they wanted ME to listen to them,and leave me magazines..I used them to light my woodstove..I have my own bible thank you very much!..:rolleyes: ..

My friends LOVE it when they show up at their houses..one guy I was visiting had 2 come to the door..a woman about 50,and a rather attractive black lady about 25..he wouldn't let them in the house,and they were were persistant...he finally said "Unless you want to drink,smoke weed or F***,SEE YOU LATER!!!...they almost left skid marks on his porch!!..:haha: :haha:

I think the crooks pay them to ring doorbells,and see who's home and at what time..so they'll know when to rob your house with better chances of getting away with it..they need to make money somehow...NOBODY ever buys anything they are selling,most don't even want it for free!..I wonder if they get a beating for not giving away enough magazines..do they have a quota??.:thinking: ..

When the rare vaccuum cleaner salesman knocks,once I see its an "Electrolux" vacuum cleaner salesman,I say "wait RIGHT here!..I bought an Electrolux,and its a real POS..I GOT SCREWED!!!..I DEMAND A REFUND!!.."I'll GO GET IT RIGHT NOW!!--they are usually peeling out of the driveway by the time I come back to the door..:crazy: :D

The ones I hate most are "surveys"...I tell them "Oh..I guess once I hung up the phone on you survey takers 100 times,you come here in person instead and harass me to my face instead..huh?...:mad: ..ya,I have nothing better to do than stand here and answer nosy peoples questions..:rolleyes: ....

18. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The order form is on the bar, right next to the MM you didn't drink. :flipoff2:

In reality my daughter would be happy to sell some G.S. cookies to you but the shipping wouldn't be worth it. They are on sale right now so be on the look-out for 'em.

19. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

A friend of mine was doing some remodeling in his house. He was using a chainsaw to cut out part of a wall when he spotted the jesus pimps leaving his neighbors house. He watched as they approached his house and he met them at the door. He was covered in debris from the wall, was wearing some goofy goggles, and had the chainsaw still running. They said they would try again later.

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

That's great!