Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

door gaps tooo tight

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Mar 19, 2007.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I have been noticing that my door gaps are pretty tight. between the door and the front fender. on both sides. How do I fix that? Do I just losen the door and pull it forward? They don't rub it just bugs me
    Thanks
    Adam

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

you mean the fender...

first thing is you have to make sure the door is properly gapped to the cab...

if thats good, then yes, you can get a small amount out of the fender... not an easy task.. you'll have to loosen everything. bottom back of fender, 2 at the top in rear (one in the gap), wheelwell bolts (including the 2 to the cab) and the 4 or so to the rad support (behind the battery and headlights).. it will not just "pull" forward, you'll have to leverage it.. rag on a flatblade between the closed door and fender works ok... do the top first, then snug the top rear bolt.. then do the bottom rear and snug... when good, tighten the rest..

don't forget the shims, the fender being "out" a tad helps the door close behind it...

be aware this may throw your hood off now...

And be prepared to make it worse... panel alignment is a lost art developed over years.. most noobies will make the prob worse as opposed to better...