Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Glass Install Question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5bushhog, Jun 6, 2002.

1. k5bushhog

k5bushhog Registered Member

What kind of adhesive do you use to secure the door glass to the metal carriage???? Thanks in advance

2. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

I just looked at a passenger door I am planning on using and it is a rubber strip. I've replaced windows in other cars. It is actually rubber that you set along the edge of the window and push it and the glass into the channel. I don't remember if any adhesive is used. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge can help.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i used liquid nails left over from some housework i did.i dont know how hard it would be to get it back out but no problems so far.i would go to a glass shop and ask what they use and they might sell it to ya for cheap or at least tell you whats best.i didnt want to spend any more money.in the army we just used silicon gasket maker.but then again we jerryrigged a lot when we didnt have the right parts or tools.haha

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I had a glass guy install my wing wondows and the rubber strip that he used to install the windows into the channel had no adhesive on it.

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I went to NAPA and got the adhesive for windows. It is black and messy but it seems to be working great. After it dried, I took a razor along the top edge of the metal and cleaned any excess off.

6. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks Steve. I wasn't sure. I was over at my buddy's bodyshop today and sure enough no glue. Once the glass is in with that stuff, It won't come out.

7. k5bushhog

k5bushhog Registered Member

Thanks to everyone that replied to the post. These trucks are fun...................