Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door hell

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Aug 28, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Alright since we are keeping up with the body topics....hehehheh. Have any of you guys rebuilt your doors? I am thinking of getting replacement door shells. Should I send them to the shop and get the internals swapped in. Or should I break out a 30 pack and start working. The passenger side door was messed up in a wreck. The internal track is somewhat bent up and starting to look a little rusty behind the panel. The driver side has the rust at the bottom and around the lock.

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Heck, just takem off[​IMG]!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, that is my answer to everything[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Doors? We don't need no stinkin' doors!

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I have had no difficulties repairing/replacing doors. I have found some very nice ones in salvage yards for fairly cheap. I think a factory door will be a better door than some aftermarket repop shells.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

5. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

For what it's worth, JC Whitney has replacement doors. You apperantly use your existing hardware, window etc..
    The ad on their websight says they are ready to bolt on and only $109.00. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I paid 150.00 for one at a junkyard for an old cutlass and had to do some pullin' and fillin'. It also says they have to truck freight them, so it might end up being prohibitively expensive.

"who dares wins"

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Thanx gang. I wanted to go doorless but its my daily driver and it will get cold and wet during the winter. I think the JC Whitney doors are incomplete, not sure, truck frieght is $60-$80.