Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Hinge bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Aug 1, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My K5 has been rolled and I'm trying to re-adjust the doors. The cab is a little out of shape, so I'm trying to center the door in the opening. I've replaced the door pins and tried to take as much adjustment out the door hinge bolts as I can but the door is still low at the back side. My question is on the hinges where they bolt to the body there is one bolt that comes from the inside of the cab. I can't find access to this bolt. Do I have to remove the entire dash? Any help would be appreciated

Rene 81 Jimmy,350,SM465,FF14 bolt,HD Dana 44,3.73's,4"susp.,35"Grabber MT's,body in progress

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

You should be able to get to it without taking anything apart, I usually use a deepwell socket on a short extension to get at it. There is an access hole that you'll have to look for, then feel around for the bolt. Have fun!

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The access hole will usually have a rubber plug in it...I think mine has a wire running thru it even. It's a little tuff to get at, but like the previous post says, usually a socket w/extension will work.....make sure your socket doesn't pop off in the hole.....

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Rene 81 Jimmy,350,SM465,FF14 bolt,HD Dana 44,3.73's,4"susp.,35"Grabber MT's,body in progress

5. 85blaze

85blaze 1/2 ton status

If not the trick from the body shop is that it should be a tapered end bolt.. correct? then you take the next size smaller nut put it on the end and loosen... to tighten... lightly tack weld on the nut, tighten, then die grind off the weld

Project Silver Bullet
    http://coolwebworks.com/blazer/12jul991.htm

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status