Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door hinge removal Q???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by avgas, Jun 17, 2005.

1. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

Ok, How do you remove the upper door hinge??? There is a bolt that comes from the inside of the vehicle that I can't figure out how to remove, there just doesn't seem to be any access to it. Please advise :)

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

Impact hammer thingy and smashem off...... I want video too :D

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

If you reach up under the dash there should be a rubber plug you can pop out. Use an extension with a swivel socket and you can get it out, kind of a pain though. I don't know why GM engineers thought it was a good idea to hide one bolt like this. :surepal:

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its easier if you remove the dashpad and gauge cluster , you have some bulbs in the cluster that could use replacing anyway , right ? Then its just reach in through the dash and get at it :D

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'll assume you already have the door off. Next remove the metal plate below the steering colum and then the heater duct hidden by it. While lying on the floor looking out you will see the plug mentioned above. An air ratchet and a couple extensions are a big help. On the pasenger side just unscrew the glove box and you'll have plenty of room.