Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door inserts & Message Board questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jason73K5, Jun 13, 2000.

1. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone seen or built a set of door inserts for the '73-'75's yet? I'm going to give it a try myself as soon as I come up with the time, but I wasned to see if anyone had any ideas or pics before I start cutting.

Also, I have a few other projects going right now. Does anyone know of and good message forums for either first generation Cougars or full size Wgoneers(I have 2).

Thanks for the help

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Jason, I've made door panels in the past out of 1/4-inch plywood and carpet. They came out looking OK.

Don't know any Cougar pages, but for your Wagoneers check out the Colorado Full Size Jeep Association at http://www.cfsja.org. A guy here at work has an old Wagoneer with an Olds 455 under the hood, spring-over conversion, twin Lock Rights and BFG 35-inch Mud-Terrains. It's pretty cool! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Harry, thanks for the info on the Jeep site, I'll go check it out in a minute.

I should have been a bit more specific on the door inserts, however. I meant the inserts that you see on old broncos and scouts when the doors are removed. the K-5's look a bit ugly with that square opening, not that that stops me!
    Does anybody else have any info?

4. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

jason,
    i have re-thought the half door idea. originally i was going to get a couple of junk doors, cut them, and make fiberglass molds. like the ones for old broncos and scouts. still could go that route, but i really like the idea of having a door to shut when it rains or its 30 degrees out. i also am tired of having to slam my heavy ass doors.
    so my next plan is too contact a company that makes the half doors(the canvas door itself) for the old scout(bigger door opening) and order them. then cut my doors to match(making them part of the truck for good) and install the needed hardware to hang the new canvas ones. this way ive cut some wieght and will still have a door to shut in the cold.

5. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info, thats a good idea. But since I live in sunny California and have other vehicles to drive in the cold weather, I don't ever plan on putting the top, doors or tailgate back on my Blazer.