Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Jamb Switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scavenger, Nov 4, 2002.

1. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

About a year ago I bought a new door jamb switch for the drivers side of my 85 Blazer because the original one was pushed in to the off position and would not pop back out when the door was opened, keeping the dome light from coming on. I just found the forgotten new switch, and decided to install it. When I removed the original one, I got it pulled out about an inch from the hole and the wires came off and went inside the door pillar. Does anyone know how I can get at this wire short of firing up the Sawzall. I tried snagging it with a wire but could'nt even locate it....Thanks.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I have "fished" them through with a stiff bailing wire. You may have to pull it all the way out, from behind the dash, and start from scratch. I would try bending a hook on some stiff wire and feeling for it first....it's gotta be there somewhere.

3. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Michael,
    Thanks for responding. I did go out and got a stiffer piece of wire and on the second attempt snagged one, then the other. The new one is in and working.....Thanks again

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif