Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

door lock question..need help fast

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Propayne, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Propayne

Propayne Registered Member

okay. i was looking at a blazer ive just got done paying part of. and i was fiddling with the door latch(lock/lever/hook) that hooks onto the bar to lock the door. well it is in the up position, so now it is unable to shut because it just bumps the bar that it catches. also, it will not unlock with the power locks. i need help fast so i can fix it and shut the door so the battery will turn off.

thank you.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

You can manually push the latch (lock, lever, hook) down (the part of the door lock that hooks onto the bar) then the door will close right. Sometimes they just get stuck in that up position.

Can't help ya with the powerlocks. Mine are all manual.

3. Propayne

okay. i got the door hook to go completely down...but now the door will not completely shut, meaning the inside light will not shut off....help please!!!

4. Suprzuk

Suprzuk Registered Member

That is the latch that goes around the Nader pin. Just use a screwdriver or your finger to flip it back to the open position while you are pressing on the button to open the door.

Kevin

5. Propayne

thank you. now that i have time. i will continue my use of the "search" button

6. dubbyx

dubbyx Registered Member

heh... my 7 year old daughter figured out that trick the other day on her way outta the truck to school...

little snot... here I am in my pj's at 730 in the morning, no shoes, no coffee, freezing my butt off... I had to walk around, show her how to fix it, and get out of the school bus's way....

she's done it 5 times in the past 2 weeks just to piss me off... but she figured out it was a whole lot more fun to "fix it herself" right as I get around the back of the truck....

argh... and tomorrow's monday....