Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Lock Switch need for 90 Blazer

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by opfor2, Mar 15, 2005.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Hi Gang,

I'm in need of a OEM door lock switch for my 90 Blazer. I know LCM sells them, but I really don't want a cheap "made in china" switch. So if anyone has an OEM switch that there willing to part with please e-mail me.

droth@cwnet.com

Thanks

Dan...

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just my .02 - I was in the same mode of thinking as you until one day I was stuck with buying switches off of the revolving rack at Napa (forget brand, red package). I could not tell any difference between the 2. Same colored plastic on switch, post were made of the same material, cosmetic piece same crappy plastic.

The Napa part was not cheap.

3. offroadnut

offroadnut 1/2 ton status

I bought one of those switches from LMC and it works great.... same thing I couldn't tell the difference in the switches.

4. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

So the switch that you got from LMC was just as good as the OEM one ? If thats the case I guess I'll get one. The dealer quoted me $ 45.00 :mad: for one switch. The LMC switch is $ 22.00.:laugh:

Dan..

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the one at napa, the "help" brand, are i think $10 or 15

6. offroadnut

offroadnut 1/2 ton status

I held the two next to each other and they looked the same... I have only had it about 2 months now but I use it several times a day and it works great. I would look at the one at NAPA... it is probably the same switch as well. As easy as they are to replace even if this one only lasts half as long it is a quarter the cost. if you haven't replaced it yet, there is an easy way to get them out. use a thin regular screw driver and slide it in from the side and it will pop the clip for you to remove it. then you can change it and snap the new one back in. takes about 5 min. or less.