Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door locked shut problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by woods, Mar 11, 2004.

1. woods

woods Registered Member

so I was getting into my truck to head to work today, it had been raining/sleeting out all day. Door opened up fine and normal(it was locked)when I went to close the door the latch wasn't enaging, so I thought okay its froze so I slammed the door shut a few more times, latch still wouldnt close, so Im like crap I cant leave my driver side door open, so I get the bright idea to pull my door shut and then lock it, so I pull it shut and lock it, then I decide [darn] I should see if I can unlock it now, pull up on the lock and it wont unlock now, so now I gotta climb in through the passanger side.

Any ideas on the problem??
    P.S 88 blazer full size 6.2 silverado with power locks
    thanks Woods

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You're going to have to get inside the door and look. Sounds like something came apart.

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

sometimes those hook shaped things will drop down, if that is it you need to release the top part and set it back where it belongs..make any sence /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What Shawn said.

The rotary latch needs to be pulled up manually.

Rene

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

if if will work for you, take a radiator clamp, take it apart and make a shim out of it, slide it down right next to the latch I hope I make sence /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

An idea. I sometimes can't unlock my door from the outside. Press in on the button on the outside like you were going to open the door. Then try unlocking it. It works for me!

7. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    An idea. I sometimes can't unlock my door from the outside. Press in on the button on the outside like you were going to open the door. Then try unlocking it. It works for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! Mine it started AFTER I locked my only /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif set of keys in the truck and had AAA come out and jimmy /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifthe door open.

8. elacruze

elacruze 1/2 ton status

Rut-roh.

It begins with the lock. It ends when the rusty latch mechanism won't return via the spring, and you can't open the door at all. Then, if you're lucky, you can spray some penetrant down the window and tap/vibrate it loose. Then you can remove the door panel and fix it right.
    If not, you'll have a 2"x4" hole in the door below the heyhole, like I do on both sides of my '85K15. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif