Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

door locks. semi urgent need them to lock tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Aug 20, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

this is frustrating... i put doorlocks in my truck that i have a key to. the drivers side works fine. the passenger side works fine with the door open.. but if i close the door, then lock it, it wont unlock to save my life.:mad: i have to get the door panel off and pull up really hard on the piece that the key moves up and down to unlock it. i dont understand why it wont unlock...earlier today i was messing with it and i just sprayed it w/ wd40 and it started working a little better. i left the door panel off closed the door and locked it... IT WORKED FINE! then i put the door panel back on closed it and locked it,, it wouldent unlock:mad: :doah:...... i finally got it unlocked in a fit of shear masculinity:haha: but im scared many more of these and things are going to break:rolleyes:..

end smiley infested post..
    thanks. -sam-

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

is the panel stopping it from opening? i dont think theres a place for it but maybe? spray lube in hte lock and around the lock and the bar movement points, everywhere theres movement. i only have that ptoblem because faulty aftermarket auto locks so i just muscle it if it happens

3. shepdog

shepdog Registered Member

Take the doors off and your problem will be fixed. Just kidding. i know when I'm stressed it helps to laugh.

4. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

my driver's door lock was jammed up pretty bad for a while, i ended up taking all the linkage apart, and found out it was jamming in 2 spots, one right off the lock, and the other @ the electric selenoid, works like a champ now.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Don't know if this will help, but sometimes I can't open the door with the key unless I first push the button in and then turn the key.

6. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

mine does the same thing. Just try to push the button in before you try to unlock it. It works for me because I don't have time to find out whats up with mine.