Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DOOR OPENING SEALS

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BOBBYR, Apr 27, 2003.

1. BOBBYR

BOBBYR Newbie

I'M WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES OR CAN EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE DOOR SEAL ATTACHES AT THE TOP OF THE WINDSHEILD FRAME. ONE SIDE OF MINE IS HOLLOW THE OTHER HAS A METAL PLATE WITH THREE SCREWS. I'M NEW IN HERE SO I SHOULD PROBABLY ADD A HELLO.

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

First off, Welcome to the site... this will be the best place you will find for info about your truck. I have saved thousands just by searching posts...

Second, Might want to make sure the cap-lock is off, lots of folks interpret it as "being mad" or "yelling"... I am not one of those folks, but they do exist. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Third, The seal is attached by 3 bolts. Mine we "under" the rubber so I had to pull off the rubber to get at them, but I have seen some that are simply through the rubber and into the window frame. After that, they are glued down the sides, across the bottom and up the back side.

When you are ready for replacement parts, check out:
    www.lmctruck.com
    www.chevyduty.com
    www.kingparts.com
    www.gmcpaulstruckparts.com
    www.truckandcarshop.com (personal favorite - Excellent prices)

Each of them will carry pretty much the same parts, some will just be cheaper than the others. There are also a couple places in Portland that you can go to/call and pay less in shipping. (Dan's Classics for example)

Good Hunting!

-Ryan

3. BOBBYR

BOBBYR Newbie

Sorry about all caps,its just easier for me to see,Im old. No attitude intended. Anyway it is the area were those three screws go that Im looking for pictures of.

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Topdown listed the best catalog sources but I'd like to add pickupsnw.com. This image is posted on their site: [image]http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~showpic~0000085a~00583~~~[/image] Sorry, but my truck is at home and I'm at work so I can't get you a photo.

LMC has some nice illustrations in their catalog and you may want to consider getting an assembly manual. The have nice illustrations but there are no descriptions or part numbers.

Welcome to the board, where in Southern Oregon are you? I'm from Coos Bay but now I'm up in the Seattle area.

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

No problem about the caps... just some friendly advice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good luck with the seals. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif