Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door panel removal, help...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by XHitman396, Sep 22, 2002.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ok i got mad when my window would roll down really slow so i pushed it really hard and now it dont work at all the and motor just spins, gears or sumthin wrong, but i cant figure out how to take the panel off my 87. i took the bottom screws out and the ones in the little handle thingy that you put like change in, am i supposed to take the ones out of the strap thing that i guess you use to pull the door shut? cuz i tried and they move a little each direction, but WILL NOT move any more, and i was pushin HARD too. so i jus dunno what else comes off, thanks

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

When I took mine off my 90 I had to take the screws out of the straps along with the other screws in the panel. Then pop the clips out around the edge of the panel and it should come off.

3. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

There are 8 philips head screws that hold the panel, 4 on bottom 2 in armrest and 2 behind pull handle. the pull strap is held on with torx screws under the very breakable plastic covers at each end. Also unscrew the lock pull knob. The panel needs to come staight up then out, or actually towards you as you are wrestling with it.The innner seal on the window has sharp little prongs on it to hold it in, these will give you some trouble if not rusted off. after that two electrical connections, one for window one for locks if you got em. Good luck.

4. XHitman396

thanks, but wtf is a torx screw? is there a special way to get em out??

5. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Torx screws look like stars insted of a plus sighn like phillips, they make special bits for them, then just unscrew them like a regular screw.

6. XHitman396

nope, mine are phillips, and they move a little in each direction, but i cannot get em loose, ill try tomorrow with a drill though i guess

7. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I did one one time that the clip behind one of them was turning and I had to drill it out. Not a real big deal.