Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door panel removal?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Jonathan, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I need to get the passenger side door panel off to fix the inside handle cause it doesn't work. How do I do it? The window crank doesn't seem to have the little clip like my K5. How do I get that off? What else do I need to get off to get the panel off? Thanks

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It has a spring clamp behind it that needs a crank removal tool. Pretty simple with the tool. For the door, just take the 2 screws in the arm rest part out, pull the trim around the handle off, and pop out the little switch panel. Also the little triangular panel off the bottom of the a-pillar. Once those are off you can work from the bottom up popping off the panel. Use a panel removal tool for this or you will break all the clips. Thats pretty much it.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I bought a crank removal tool yesterday but I don't see a clip like on my Blazer. Does it come off the same way? I don't want to open the tool until I'm sure it will work.