Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Panel Removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, Feb 19, 2004.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I'm in the process of trying to remove my door panel from the inside but I can't seem to remove it. I need to be able to take the window crank off. How do you do this? Is there something else I may be missing? It's really starting to anger me. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

The window crank is held on with a little C-clip that needs to be removed in order to pull the handle off. If you push the door panel in you can peek behind the crank and see it.

You can buy a tool that is made specifically for these stupid little C-clips:

[​IMG]

I've always used a screwdriver. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Wow, that helps alot! Thanks man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Use a thin screw driver..that special tool WILL sit in at the bottom of your tool box. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

After you remove the window crank, you'll have these clips that are at the top of the panel, where it meets the glass, and they dont like to come off. On mine I had to tap up on the panel until it came free. I thought I was going to break it but I didnt. Good luck with yours.