Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door panels........ Need more help 2/14/04

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Feb 13, 2004.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Just took mine off and broke the plastic. Tried to take out window switch and broke that too. What the heck am i missing? are there tools for this?? What is the blue thing on the back of the window switch and why in the hell cant i get it off!! I feel likr it is going to break if i pull/pry any harder. All i need to do is replace the thing. I thought it was just pressed on. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Thanks mike

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Door panels........

They must get brittle. I had good luck getting mine off to fix switch connection. You could epoxy it and repaint if you dont want to buy another. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Theres no special tools, just check that you have ALL of the screws out. There are about 785 holding that thing on. also, when taking the switch out be sure you squeeze the 2 metal tabs on the back in ( i used channellocks) while u push it out the front. (assuming pwr windows). Not sure where you cracked it on the panel as to what the prob could have been. If up on top I had best luck w/ window down, door locked and slowly workin it up, until it popped out of the track along the top. But yeh they do get pretty brittle.

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

There is a special tool, but you usually don't need it.

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

thanks guys