Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

door panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jun 5, 2002.

hey all.... i just picked up some door panels from the junk yard today and needed to know if anyone has had any luck with dyeing/painting the panels to a wanted color.??? i know i can replace the carpet sections easy with new material... it's just the plastic i'm wondering about.... if anyone has done this or knows what to use i would appreciate it... oh don't bother to PM me... mine is still locked up.. just email me at home.... jadzu@gtcom.net thanks

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    SEM dye seems to be well thought of.
  2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Apr 2, 2001
    Dyed my dash no problem. Dyed my kickpanels too(down by the footwells) and it's scraping off a bit. But I did all of them with NO prep, and I think that's the problem. I think that, like paint, the dye itself isn't as important as the prep. And the prep is not just washing whatever it is. I saw a website somewhere that detailed the prep needed for dying vinyl, plastics and stuff, I think it was SEM's website. They have a whole line of prep stuff in addition to the dye.