Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door panels.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dieselmh, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I know it's not a K5, but I really need some help. I posted this in the truck section, but got no replies. I copied here to get more attention. Any help would be appreciated. Original post follows:

Well, I finally have a problem and I need some help. I have been working on my 91 Chevy Extended cab stepside p/u. It is 2WD and it's my sport truck. I know you guys aren't into lowered vehicles, but I dropped it a mild 2 inches in front and 4 inches in rear to handle better. To get to the point, I have replaced both of my interior door panels because the handle part broke off of the door panel. It is only held on with one screw and some plastic connectors to the panel and they break easily. These damn things cost $350.00 each because GM still has the patent on them. Does anyone know how to build/buy/steal/fix or replace these where they don't break anymore. My truck looks pretty good, but these broken panels look like crap and cost too much to replace once a year when they break. Thanks in advance for any help. Later.

Diesel

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.[​IMG]

2. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

If your looking for replacement parts or even spare parts to fix it when it breaks, try going to a wrecking yard. We found a bunch of stuff for our Blazer there and after awhile you will have enough spare parts to fix anything when it breaks. Just a bit of a suggestion... Good Luck

www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com
    www.rocko.coloradok5.com

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure how these are setup, but could you install a large flat washer behind the panel with to give it some more area to pull against? You might have to replace the screw with a bolt and nut. Or, just don't pull on the handles......

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm