Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door pins and bushings...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kp texan, Jun 14, 2005.

1. kp texan

kp texan 1/2 ton status

I just purchased some new GM door pins and bushings from the dealer for my '88 K5 and I'm in the process of trying to cut through the old pins in order to remove them. I know some of you guys said that you cut through these pins without unbolting the hinges. What did you use to do this? I'm trying to use one of those little hacksaws where just the blade sticks out of the end and I'm almost getting nowhere on the bottom pin :mad: . It seems like there isn't nearly enough room to cut these without unbolting the door from the hinges. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks so much, guys. :thumb:

-Wes

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Sawzall.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Just use a hammer and tap them out from the bottom. They arnt hard to get out.

4. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I've unbolted doors on my 77 and I spray painted white where they bolted to the door as a guide to line them back up when I put them on. And then I got another set of doors and you could see the color difference on them where to line them up, made it easier to rebuilt them to the hinges. Seems like it would be easier to me to replace the pins with out the doors hanging.