Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door pinswitches

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Feb 1, 2001.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The pinswitches in my Blazer are old and rusty so I ordered some new ones from LMC. They did send me the ones they had listed for 73's, but they are just a little different. The new ones are too long and would get smashed by the door. I figured they'd all be the same, but I guess not. How many variations are there? Years?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

they should be adjustable... Just go to schucks/al's/pepgirls and buy some ofr 5 bucks a piece.. I did... Not I have lights :)

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

3. ragtop

ragtop Registered Member

You're better off than me. I went for a year before figuring out that you just screw them out and screw the new ones in (thought you had to get to them from the backside to loosen a jam nut!) Not sure that mine ('88) are the same but with mine they're made to slide (sort of press) through the nut the first time you close the door. Before I installed mine, one switch was loose enough that it would slightly move so I gave it a try and it worked!

Ragtop

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

LIke reddog64 said, go to Checkers/Schucks, etc. and get the cheapie 5 dollar ones.............unscrew yours, pull off the wire, put the wire on the new one (after you wire brush off the rust [​IMG]), then just screw them back in...........should be available at any parts store.

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>