Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DOOR POST?>

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Mar 4, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

Ok my driver side doors seems to drop down alittle bit when i open, but it goes back into place when i close it. Im wondering if this couild be the door post? If so, how much work is involved in this?
    thanks

2. dewey

dewey Registered Member

Sometimes the pins get loose on the hinges...Check to see if the holes are worn, open the door and have someone lift up and down while you look...If so, replace the hinges...My .02

HEY! Your ford scratched my skidplate!!

3. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

Try putting a shim in the bottom hinge to kick it up. It worked for my friends 87.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It sounds like the bushings on your hinge pins are no good. You need to remove the door from the hinges. Take a sharpe marker and outline your hinge, then remove the bolts. Have a friend help you as the door is pretty heavy. Then remove the pin from the hinge. I think the bushings will stay in the hinge. You need to knock them out. You can buy new bushing from any parts house for a few bucks. Replace the doors and your all set. Piece of cake, ask anyone here!!!!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Also check for a cracked upper hinge.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>