Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DOOR QUESTION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rh88k5, Oct 23, 2002.

1. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Anybody know why most Blazer doors dont close tight without slamming them? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The door hinges are likely worn out, causing the door to sag. You can get new pins at the dealer, they take about 3 hours to install and the doors should work great again. Probably want to get new door seals too, since saggy doors tear the seals up.</font color>

3. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Thanks but the doors feel ok (no play when I lift on handle side) do you mean pin and bushing kits? Ive tried those on my old blazer with out any luck.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> If the door lines up then you may be able to just adjust the striker. </font color>

5. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

that'll be easy enough,I give it a shot. Thanks, I kinda thought that too, but I wanted to see if my user name came up orange, sent in membership a week ago.