Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Sag

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Whii338, Apr 24, 2000.

1. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member

Whats the best ay to eliminate the door sag on my 1988 K5...I've seen this problem alot on Chevy's (camaro..etc)best fix? approx cost? any info would be great..its no big deal but that little leak is pissing me off:)Thanks..

2. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member

P.S. Do all model year Blazers have this problem?I also wonder if the former owner of my truck was using the door and the steering wheel to pull himself up into the truck.(the tilt steering was WAY loose and I fixed that, but thats is a WHOLE other story)

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sagging is pretty common on most Chevs - it has something to do with the door pins. Apparently it's a pretty easy fix, but I'm still not sure what's involved.........Anyone?

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>It's not so much the pins as it is the bushings that they go in. Me and my dad just replaced his saturday and we did my freind's IROC a few weeks ago. Get new pins and bushings, take the pins out and re-align the doors when your done putting in the new ones</font color=blue>

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Can you give us a bit of detail, and maybe a step by step? This high altitude is killin' my brain cells.........

6. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

at the body shop i used to work for, we fixed my sagging door on my camaro by getting a 2 foot 2 x 4 (around there it does not have to be exact).placed one end of the 2 by on top of the door stricker.put something into the door latch that is a pretty good fit. place the middle of the 2 by under the object, and lift from the other end. it was not a permanent fix, but it lasted for about 1 1/2yrs. before it started to sag. be careful do not over do it. i also replaced the pin gromets in an 94 blazer. all we had to do to the 94 was brace the door, remove the spring and the pins, replace and put back. it took us bout 2hrs. to do the first door and 30mins. to do the next. be very careful taking off the springs so that they will not come back and get you.replacing the grommets fixed his door sag.

walrus101

goo goo gaju

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>you gotta get the pins out (air hammer helps) then remove the doors. Then you have to beat the old bushings out (if they don't fall out first). Now put in new bushings, then un-bolt the hinge from the door and put that on the other part of the hinge. Now you get to bolt the door back on and re-align it. that's all

8. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I hope this will help you in some way or another. Here are a few items of interest. The 2nd is the one that I think will help the most. Also, I think you just have to remove the pins and reinsert new shims into the pin holes. They wear out over time.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=39938

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37490

This may help with the overheating issue presented before.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37892

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez