Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door speaker locations

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Derf00, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Anybody have pics of 6.5" speakers mounted in the doors of a 2nd gen w/elec windows?

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i dont think you can flush mount them anywhere, i was going to build custom boxes for my 6.5s that would bump them out away from the door a little. now i think im going to pony up the cash and get some qform kick panels.

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Also, what would be better...Speakers in the doors, or Q Form Kick panels?

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I believe Greg '72 has already answered that question. From a sound stand point they are much better because they direct the sound right at the driver and passenger.

[ QUOTE ]
    Kick panels

[/ QUOTE ] There in lies your problem, you would probably destroy them with your big a$$ feet. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

If you want to get really technical.....the tweeters are the MOST important ones to have pointing directly at your ears, with the equal path lengths, etc.

Mids aren't quite as critical, but since most people use a coaxial speaker....the mids end up in the footwells also. My own setup had two mids in each door with the tweeters in the floor, and aiming straight up to the listening positions. It was a really nice, clean sound and a solid front image.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif