Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door speaker placement?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MudFrog, Mar 17, 2003.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ok.. I have a set of Pioneer 5 1/4" speakers and I was looking around for a place to put them on the door. The place I want to put them has a groove going down the length of the door. Where should I put the speakers?

Door Pic

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Put them in that "groovy" spot....if that's where you want them! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously, I think the question is how can you make a flat speaker fit on a "non flat" surface??? You will need to come up with a small plate that follows the door contour on one side, and has a flat speaker mouting surface on the other. You could make it out of wood, or plastic....whatever is easiest for you to "shape".

I could even see building up the groove with a few layers of mastic to make it flush....mount the speaker, and then trim off the excess, so it doesn't really even show.

Lots of ways....you just have to start thinking creatively. The main thing is to get it sealed well....the sound will be far better, than if you leave gaps around the speaker....

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Groovy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

since my feat lack the ability to hear, ive always found putting speakers there useless

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

It still must beat 2 crappy 3.5" speakers in the dash.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It still must beat 2 crappy 3.5" speakers in the dash.

[/ QUOTE ] Fell lucky you got 2 crappy speakers in the dash. All my K5 came with is one crappy speaker in the center of the dash. I'm thinking of getting the kick panel speaker pods, but I'll have to custom make them becouse my K5 has those floor vents. Yes, I'll permittly seal them up.

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I would go with the kick panels but it would get in the way of my feet.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thats wear my speakers are in my pickup..two behind the seats, and two on the doors down there..and maybe some in the dash..i know there there..dont know if they work..(havnt heard them yet lol)

9. VA-NC-SC

VA-NC-SC Registered Member

In my mind, kick panel setups are not the best for somebody who is going to be offroad a lot. I dont know about you guys, but if I go get my car muddy, a lot of the time I have to get out and get myself muddy as well... getting back into the truck with mud all over your boots, and then getting it all inside your speaker, isnt the best situation... I dunno, just what I would think. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea there is dirt on my speakers now. i bought it that way...i myself wouldnt have put them there either..but w/e..heck i havnt even heard them yet...