Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Speaker Spacers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Big Red, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

hey all,this is a new post on the speaker spacers i made. so far, they work great. i'll be posting themon my website soon (as soon as my tart of a friend decides to reactivate his server,lol) i'll post pics and tech info on there too. so, feel free to go to it when u get a chance.

My site /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

ok,the spacers look good...but why on gods green earth did you run the wires on the outside?

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

yeah, all that time into the spacer and you ran the speaker outside the door? YUCK...that kinda looks like a safety problem..why not cut a hole in the front of the door jamb and in the front of the door and run the wire there?? just a suggestion, nice spacers though.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

cus im too lazy to run them thru the door jamb with all the others. when i really install my stereo they will be run thru the door jamb properly. and its not a safety problem, theres just enough slack in the wires to not yank on them when i open the door or step nto the truck. if u think thats bad, then i won't show u the picture of the 6x9's in a particle board box. lol. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

lol if i had door speakers and they were wired like that id step on that wire every day while driving lol..

6. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

lol, im not as clumsy i guess, nor do i shove my foot into the door. lol, j/k. they tuck up nicely when the doors are opened. cus they move upward. but, one day i'll not be lazy and i'll wire them corectly. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif